- CNN Crime & Justice - Live trial coverage, trials in the news, interviews and other mainstream news coverage.
- FindLaw Legal News - Top legal headlines, and recent news stories by topic. Includes many featured "hot documents" scanned from the original filings.
- JURIST - Legal News - Provides a constantly updated feed of legal headlines. Recent news items are organized by topic. Also includes links to related research documents and resources, commentaries and discussion forums.
- Law360- Major litigation developments in US federal courts plus tracking and reports on companies, firms and industries.
- Law.com (ALM) - Current legal news from American Lawyer Media with many other features that include practice areas, law student sources, CLE, career, and consultants information.
- National Law Journal - The leading national legal weekly, a good source of news and information for the legal community. Coverage of litigation is a highlight.
- SCOTUSBlog - Coverage of the U.S. Supreme Court including commentary and analysis, new filings, orders and opinions. On days when major opinions are expected, the site maintains an excellent live blog. Multiple postings are added shortly after every Supreme Court session, plus there are multiple updates daily.
- The Chronicle Online - The Duke student newspaper contains today's news and archived articles from March 1993.
- Duke Today - Published daily by the Office of News & Communications; intended for Duke University faculty and staff members.
- The Herald-Sun - Durham's daily newspaper.
- The News & Observer - Raleigh's daily newspaper.
- WRAL - Latest news and video clips from our local CBS affiliate.
Access to a variety of U.S. newspapers, with full text coverage back to the 1980s in most cases (Duke only).
American Periodicals Series
Access to digitized versions of 1100 publications, from 1740 to 1900 (Duke only).
BBC NEWS | World
Current and archival international news.
CNN: World News
International news stories from CNN.
Multiple Newspapers on the Web
Free online listing of thousands of newspapers.
- News & Periodical Resources on the Web (Library of Congress) - Links to newspapers, periodicals, news resources, foreign news services, historical newspapers, news sources arranged by language, a worldwide newspaper map, and newspaper indexes.
Front pages from current newspapers, national and international, plus access to archives from dates of historical significance.
- Online Full-text Journals (Duke Libraries) - Use this search screen to locate the full text of a particular newspaper, magazine or journal title through one of the many databases available through the Duke University Libraries.
America’s Historical Newspapers
Searchable database of American newspapers from all 50 states, some back to 1690
Proquest Historical Newspapers
Searchable databases of historical newspapers, mostly domestic but some international (Duke only).
Current and archival stories of world news events.