Does library research leave you stumped? Check out these short online tutorials for help.
Locating & Accessing Articles
- How to Use "GetIt@Duke" (Duke University Libraries): A guide to retrieving the full text of articles in databases which provide only citations.
U.S. Federal Legal Research
- Searching the Congressional Record using HeinOnline (Jane Bahnson, Goodson Law Library, spring 2009)
- Congresearch: Congressional Research Tutorials (UC Berkeley Library)
- Statutory and Legislative Research Series (Harvard Law School Library)
- The Federal Register: What It Is and How to Use It (U.S. National Archives & Records Administration)
- Searching the Code of Federal Regulations Using HeinOnline (Jane Bahnson, Goodson Law Library, spring 2009)
- How to Conduct a Preliminary U.S. Patent Search: A Step-by-Step Strategy (U.S. Patent & Trademark Office)
Foreign, Comparative & International Legal Research
- International Legal Research Tutorial (Duke University School of Law/UC Berkeley School of Law): An interactive approach to learning international law research methods.
- Lynda.com Online Tutorials:Training library for lynda.com, including more than 4,000 online modules for Microsoft Office products, audiovisual technology, web design, and computer programming.