Academic Technologies has created a system for providing an audio and/or video sample of your pronounced name for the benefit of instructors, administrators, and your fellow students. Please follow these simple instructions to update your directory profile with the pronunciation:
- Login to the Student Directory at https://law.duke.edu/studir/
- In the top bar of the student directory, click on "
- Next click on "
- Scroll to the section of the page entitled "Name Pronunciation."
- Read instructions and click "Browse" or "Choose File" button to upload. Recommended: On a mobile device, you will be prompted to record a video. This is the simplest way to provide the video for the system.
- If you choose to create and upload a video on your desktop or laptop, we recommend submitting via the Chrome browser.
- When you are finished, click the
- Your profile will now display links for the video and audio that you provided.
- Note: After clicking "Submit Changes" if you wish the display only the audio, and not the video, check the box labelled "Present audio only; do not present a video option to viewers" and submit the new changes.
- If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to email@example.com.