Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Duke Law Magazine
Two IP scholars present the history of music as an epic battle between creativity and control.
Countdown to Finals Week
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg discusses the Court's 2016-17 term and previews upcoming cases with Prof. Neil Siegel at D.C. Summer Institute event
At a July 21 Duke Law event in Washington, D.C., Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recapped the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2016-17 term and discussed its recent consensus among the justices, its rulings on the scope of the Trump administration’s “travel ban” executive order, and her legal legacy during an interview with Professor Neil Siegel.
Zelenak elected to American Law Institute
Lawrence A. Zelenak, the Pamela B. Gann Professor of Law, has been elected to membership in the American Law Institute (ALI).
- Justice Daphne Barak-Erez delivers Bernstein Lecture, Aug. 30: “Battles of Reproductive Technologies: Comparative Tales”
- McAllaster reflects on the Greensboro Massacre of 1979 in aftermath of Charlottesville attack
- Rice: Politics in D.C. is driving insurance premium hikes in N.C. Charlotte Observer
- Charles analyzes new N.C. legislative maps proposed in wake of Supreme Court ruling Wall Street Journal
- Ward: Working with blockchain group will give Duke Law students opportunities to learn about and to shape blockchain policy Legaltech News