Countdown to Finals Week
Roady ’76 tackles pressing environmental issues with new appointments at Duke Law and Nicholas Institute
Steve Roady ’76 brings a wealth of environmental law and policy experience to his new joint appointment at Duke Law School and Duke’s Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions.
Community Enterprise Clinic handles legal details of Durham shopping center transformation
A forlorn, largely vacant shopping center on 10 acres of asphalt in central Durham seems like an unlikely place for innovation. But Ann Woodward, executive director of the nonprofit Scrap Exchange, imagines transforming this site into a creative reuse arts district (the “RAD”). This district, an inventive mix of nonprofits, cooperatives, and for-profit companies, would not only ensure that the Lakewood Shopping Center becomes a profitable asset, but would also be the catalyst for the revitalization of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Fifteen professional skills faculty are now clinical professors
- Talking corporate crime with Professor Sam Buell
- Visiting Assistant Professor Program supports aspiring law faculty
- Neil Vidmar: A social scientist leaves ‘an invaluable legacy’ at Duke Law
- Legal historian Scott visiting Duke Law as John Hope Franklin Professor