Cyber, Security & Surveillance: Truth & Consequences
» Duke Law hosts annual conference on law, ethics, and national security, Feb. 24-25.
Duke Law faculty, staff, and alumni help students land prestigious positions with judges
The Duke way
Public service is a core value of the legal profession and central to the Duke Law experience.
Duke Law Contributes to Duke's New Public iTunes U Site
Wu '01: "Someone nominated to lead the EPA should know, off the bat, that there’s no safe level of lead for human exposure"
Community Enterprise Clinic handles legal details of Durham shopping center transformation
A forlorn, largely vacant shopping center on 10 acres of asphalt in central Durham seems like an unlikely place for innovation. But Ann Woodward, executive director of the nonprofit Scrap Exchange, imagines transforming this site into a creative reuse arts district (the “RAD”). This district, an inventive mix of nonprofits, cooperatives, and for-profit companies, would not only ensure that the Lakewood Shopping Center becomes a profitable asset, but would also be the catalyst for the revitalization of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Wester '72 receives distinguished pro bono service award Robinson Bradshaw
- Blue '73 elected president of National Conference of State Legislatures Charlotte Observer
- Sawchak '89 and Elliott '93 appointed to senior leadership posts in N.C. Department of Justice NCDOJ
- Defense attorney Treem '72 discusses career and taking on clients no one else will Super Lawyers
- 2016 Scholarship and Fellowship Luncheon: "Paying it forward is very rewarding"