Major Frakt, defense counsel to Mohammed Jawad, will discuss the unique aspects of military commissions and the law, clients, and operating environment at Guantanamo that make it incredibly difficult to defend detainees. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Meet the Duke Law Class of 2020
Two-hundred fourteen JD students are now immersed in their first-year classes.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
The Devilish Difficulty of Defending a Detainee
- Careers in International Law: Advising Clients on Cross-border Transactions in Europe, Asia, and Latin America
- Careers in International Law: International Arbitration
- Between Human Rights and IP: Helfer discusses the Marrakesh Treaty Intellectual Property Watch
- After Charlottesville: Statues and Symbols in American Law and Society
- Human Rights in Practice: Scorecard Diplomacy