5 Questions for Jean Brooks
Jean Brooks is the Director of Annual Giving, responsible for managing the Law School’s comprehensive annual giving program, including reunion fundraising, the class gifts and more. A Duke alum, she has spent many years on the campus.
1. Quick bio: Where is your hometown?
2. What brought you to Duke Law School?
I graduated from Duke in 2000 and ended up working at the Law School by pure happenstance. I had no idea that 12 years later, I would have turned my first job out of college into a career.
3. What do you do for fun outside of work?
I am heavily involved in Duke Athletics, currently assisting with game day operations for football, and men’s and women’s basketball. However, over the years, I believe fencing and rowing are the only two Duke sports I have not either worked an event or written a press release for.
4. What is your favorite Durham restaurant and why?
Dame’s Chicken and Waffles. Um, it’s chicken and waffles.
5. Tell us something about yourself that otherwise we wouldn't know or guess.
I was an All-State flutist, but also played alto and tenor saxophone and French horn.