5 Questions for Valerie Marino
Valerie manages the production of marketing materials such as brochures, postcards, direct mail and email campaigns, social media campaigns and multimedia collateral to support and publicize Law School programs and events. She also maintains Duke Law's social media presence and advises Duke Law departments on effective use of social media. It’s no surprise to learn of her social media use outside of work too.
1. Quick bio: Where is your hometown?
I grew up in Nesconset, NY, but I’ve been in the Triangle area long enough that I’m an honorary North Carolinian.
2. What do you do for fun outside of work? You may include a hobby or significant accomplishment.
I’m the co-founder and editor of Triangle Music, a local music blog. I also like to knit and quilt and am training for my first marathon.
3. What is your favorite TV show and why?
I’ve become obsessed with Doctor Who lately and have spent the summer catching up on past seasons. I was pretty disappointed when David Tennant didn’t light the torch at the 2012 Olympics.
4. What are the three most-played songs in your music library?
Aimee Mann, “Ghost World”; R.E.M., “Strange Currencies”; The Love Language, “Brittany’s Back”
5. What is your favorite Durham restaurant and why?
Vin Rouge has a great brunch, especially when the weather’s nice enough to sit on the patio.