Appelman Law Firm Criminal Defense Scholarship - deadline May 31, 2014
The Appelman Law Firm Criminal Defense Scholarship is designed to reward those who’ve made better choices after a conviction – those who have managed to turn their lives around and intend to pursue a career in criminal defense.
$1,000. The Appelman Law Firm Criminal Defense Law scholarship is to be used exclusively for college tuition and related expenses. A check for $1000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s school to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
• Have a criminal record
• Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited law school within the United States.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
• A completed application.
• An official copy of a current academic transcript.
• Copy of a police report regarding your criminal record.
• A one page essay of not more than three pages describing your crime, punishment, and how you have changed or overcame your past and what you intend to do in the future as a criminal defense attorney.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
• Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.).
May 31, 2014
More information and an application form can be found at the firm’s website: www.aacriminallaw.com