The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Monast comments on EPA's new Clean Power Plan WUNC
- Krawiec discusses the market for human eggs Legal Broadcast Network
- Monast discusses N.C. fight against Obama administration's new climate change intiative News & Observer
- Madden ’72 discusses personal, professional aspects of gender transition The American Lawyer
- Farahany assesses Mecklenburg County Ebola response on one-year anniversary of quarantine Charlotte Observer