The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Zhang says environmental concerns add to economic worries of China's middle class CBS News
- Baxter discusses global bank sell-off BusinessDay TV
- Purdy examines the Democratic primary and "political adulthood" Dissent
- Coleman raises questions about affidavit in Wrongful Convictions Clinic case News & Observer
- Roberts '00 appointed to N.C. Ethics Commission N.C. Office of the Governor