The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Purdy: The 2016 presidential race represents a repudiation of Obama’s belief in policies that can benefit all Americans The Atlantic
- Liu '18 reports on summer internships with Justice Genine D. Edwards of the Kings County Supreme Court Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Beck '85 honored with 2016 Citizen Lawyer Award from N.C. Bar Association N.C. Bar Association
- Adler's new book called a "superb collection on contemporary welfare economics" Marginal Revolution
- Dunlap: NATO members not legally required to "automatically" use force in defense of allies Lawfire