The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Dunlap comments on lack of criminal charges for personnel involved in Afghan hospital bombing Foreign Policy
- Justices Kagan, Breyer, and Ginsburg praise Dreeben ’81 following 100th Supreme Court appearance National Law Journal
- Timmons-Goodson MJS '14 nominated to U.S. District Court White House.gov
- Class of '62 grads Adams and Moorman celebrated as pioneers in environmental law Environmental Law Institute
- Bowling, Sanders '16 call for close examination of federal laws governing transgender workplace issues Talent Management