Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
- Reiners: Volcker Rule's "costs exceed its benefits" The FinReg Blog
- Buell analyzes possible regulatory climate under Trump administration Salt Lake Tribune
- Cox comments on defense strategy in securities fraud retrial Bloomberg
- New issue of Duke Law Journal celebrates the scholarship, impact, of Prof. Jim Cox Duke Law Journal
- Defense attorney Treem '72 discusses career and taking on clients no one else will Super Lawyers