The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Buell comments on guilty pleas from major banks Bloomberg Business
- Longest: Criminal charges for coal ash spills still possible for Duke Energy Indyweek
- Rai comments on likelihood of enacting patent-troll legislation Nature
- Blue '73 and McKissick '83 join fellow NC legislators in honoring Blue Devil championship team Durham Herald-Sun
- Benjamin joins Duke trio in congressional testimony Duke Today