Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
- Dunlap: Declarations of war have important legal impact Harvard National Security Journal
- Barnes discusses Apple's $14.5 billion Irish tax bill Marketplace
- Dunlap: Obama should pardon Petraeus Washington Times
- Duke Law welcomes the JD Class of 2019
- NOPD consent decree monitor Aronie '93 praises department's new peer intervention program The New York Times