The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Fine '11 discusses representing juveniles being tried as adults Philadelphia Inquirer
- Monast says EPA's clean power plan could create new opportunities for industry NPR: StateImpact
- Adams LLB '67 calls Duke education "an experiment gone right" Duke Magazine
- Review: Purdy’s After Nature “may very well be the Silent Spring of the 21st century.” Open Letters Monthly
- Richman discusses tension between healthcare reform efforts and major mergers Managed Care