The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Greene co-authors policy to turn tax credit into emergency savings tool for low-income workers The Hill
- Justice Ginsburg discusses recent Supreme Court term with Siegel at Duke Law event in D.C. National Law Journal
- In Judicature: Metzloff examines the treatment of mass-tort claims under the multidistrict litigation process
- Newman discusses N.C. judge and criminal justice reformer 'Bev' Lake, Jr. The Marshall Project
- Krawiec work cited for proposition that sexism has facilitated fertility-clinic price-fixing for eggs Slate