The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- May '71 co-authors The Constitutional Foundations of Intellectual Property: A Natural Rights Perspective Carolina Academic Press
- Duke Law welcomes International LLM class of 2016
- Purdy's After Nature traces the formation of America's concept of nature Harper's
- Excerpted from Purdy's After Nature: Foodies can succeed where environmentalists failed Bloomberg View
- Dunlap discusses domestic drones at ABA security conference C-Span