The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Siegel: Supreme Court under Roberts still very conservative "with the notable exception of gay rights" MSNBC
- McAllaster: Supreme Court healthcare ruling means states can continue using federal funds to decrease cost of HIV medication The Body
- Zelenak says tax software enables opaque tax provisions Financial Times
- Charles discusses Supreme Court fair housing decision WUNC: The State of Things
- Monast analyzes potential impact of Supreme Court EPA ruling on North Carolina Triangle Business Journal