The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Rice discusses costly trend: Chronic disease patients are paying for a larger percentage of prescription med costs Washington Post
- Monast analyzes potential impact of Supreme Court EPA ruling on North Carolina Triangle Business Journal
- Richman comments on DOJ review of health-insurer mergers Wall Street Journal
- Dellinger analyzes Supreme Court dissents in marriage and healthcare cases Politico
- Skinner-Thompson JD/LLM '08 explains how Obergefell could help transgender rights Slate