The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Lives in the Law: Justice Antonin Scalia
- Levi appointed co-chair of new N.C. Commission on the Administration of Law and Justice AOC Court News
- Richman discusses antitrust lawsuit filed against Blue Cross and Blue Shield Wall Street Journal
- Haagen on NFL's domestic violence policy: "They are definitely making it up as they go along" New York Times
- Dunlap offers observations on unintended casualties and opinion polls Just Security