The Crape Myrtle Festival presented the Duke AIDS Legal Project (DALP) with a check for $5,000 in support of DALP’s legal and policy work on behalf of HIV positive persons in North Carolina. The Crape Myrtle Festival supports organizations that address HIV/AIDS and additional health needs found within the gay, lesbian, and transgender communities. The Festival announced its 2013 beneficiaries at its annual Harvest Tea on November 3, 2013 in Raleigh. Carolyn McAllaster, director of DALP, expressed her appreciation for the festival’s long-standing support of DALP’s work.
Crape Myrtle Festival announces grant for Duke AIDS Legal Project
- Buell comments on guilty pleas from major banks Bloomberg Business
- Longest: Criminal charges for coal ash spills still possible for Duke Energy Indyweek
- Rai comments on likelihood of enacting patent-troll legislation Nature
- Blue '73 and McKissick '83 join fellow NC legislators in honoring Blue Devil championship team Durham Herald-Sun
- Benjamin joins Duke trio in congressional testimony Duke Today