The Law School announces two new programs to support summer work in public service or public law. The Dean's Summer Service Grant guarantees $3000 for 2Ls who complete 10 hours of pro bono work this school year and secure a summer position with a public service organization. The Horvitz Public Law Fellowship is a competitive fellowship available to 1Ls and 2Ls whose summer position will contribute to the students understanding of the Constitutional framework. See the web site for qualifying organizations and details; application information will be available soon. Thank you, Dean Levi & Alumnus Rick Horvitz, for making these programs possible.
Emerging tools for more equitable policy
» Professor Matthew Adler co-edited the new Oxford Handbook of Well-Being and Public Policy.
Prof. Sam Buell discusses his new book on the rise of criminal behavior in corporations and why it’s so difficult to prosecute.
The Duke way
» Public service is a core value of the legal profession and central to the Duke Law experience.
Dean's Summer Service Grant, Horvitz Public Law Fellowship provide new funding for summer 2010
Aronie '93: Combat professional atrophy by doing something "new, different, and even scary"
The Federal Lawyer
Jonathan Wiener addresses climate, catastrophes, retrospective review, TTIP, and China’s environmental risk regulation
Over the past year Professor Jonathan Wiener has deployed his expertise on U.S., European, and international environmental law and risk regulation in projects that address a range of global challenges.
Eco-environmental risk management in China
- Burrucker and law student volunteers help provide homeless vets with necessary services ABC11
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic represents 14-year-old activist in call for greenhouse gas reductions
- Civil Justice Clinic secures significant trial judgment for client in landlord-tenant case
- Series looks at investigations behind Wrongful Convictions Clinic cases Greensboro News & Record
- Damiano JD/MA ’14 joins DOJ Legal Honors Program