1. Hometown, college, law school: Chloe, WV; Harvard; Yale
2. During my free time, I love to:Run; roast goats in my backyard; travel to New England, California, Colorado; see live music; cook; read essays, fiction, poetry. Be outside as much as possible.
3. Pick one: top three favorite musicians/bands; favorite non-law read; one TV show I never miss: I can't pick just three. At the moment, favorite groups I've seen recently are the Mountain Goats, the Old Ceremony, Do It to Julia, Gambling the Muse, Steep Canyon Rangers, Mandolin Orange, Megafaun, Yo la Tengo. Perennial favorites include Gillian Welch, Neil Young, Will Oldham, Karen Dalton, Cat Power.
4. Favorite law school memory: Other than returning as a visiting faculty member, I am probably best remembered at Yale for undressing on stage at the third-year graduation ball, along with my closest friend from Yale (now also a law professor). I'm not sure whether this is also my favorite memory, but it is certainly vivid - especially when the dean reminds me of it.
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: I really like Motorco and Fullsteam as venues. Toast is fantastic. Lots of fancy restaurants are not worth the trouble, but Magnolia Grill is an exception, especially if you focus on the appetizers.