1. Hometown, college, law school: I grew up in Los Angeles, went to college and graduate school in English at Georgetown, and then to Stanford for law school.
2. During my free time, I love to: I have three young children, and they all enjoy being outdoors. I spectate their sporting events, and as a family, we love to ski, hike, and spend time at the beach. During those rare moments when I am not only "free" but also "alone," I read a lot of contemporary fiction, do some creative writing, and run.
3. Pick one: top three favorite musicians/bands; favorite non-law read; one TV show I never miss: Most of my students already know that I think "The Wire" is the most entertaining television series ever, and the most realistic portrayal of law enforcement as well.
4. Favorite law school memory: I had many great experiences in law school, but my best memories are of the time spent with friends there.
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: I am a big fan of Guglhupf.