1. Hometown, college, law school: Tacoma, WA; Santa Clara (undergrad); Harvard Law School.
2. During my free time, I love to: Hike (in places with some vertical; not in the immediate vicinity of the Triangle); run (very slowly); play tennis (very badly); read the New York Times (actual paper version).
3. Top three favorite musicians/bands: Left to my own devices, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, and Willie Nelson; however, I mostly listen to what my daughter wants to listen to, which these days is Weird Al and the cast recording of American Idiot.
4. Favorite law school memory: Being told by my property professor that I had a fine fourteenth-century mind.
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: Fine dining at Elmo's.