I would say I have two hometowns: Madrid, where I was born, and Simi Valley, California, where my family now lives. Madrid is famous for plenty of things including the Prado museum and its nightlife. Simi Valley's only claim to fame, I believe, is appearing in a sign in the movie "The Big Lebowski." I went to U.C. Berkeley for undergrad and majored in political science and development studies.
2. What brought you to law school and what do you want to do with your degree?
I'm very interested in international law (hence the joint JD/LLM program) and would like to eventually work in public international law, specifically on issues regarding immigrants and refugees.
3. When you are not at the Law School, how do you like to spend your time?
I really enjoy eating out in Durham/Chapel Hill. Brunches at Gugelhupf or Alivias and dinner at Another Thyme or Lime-Basil (in Chapel Hill). Also, the trails at the Duke forest are just lovely!
4. What are the first five songs on your favorite iPod playlist?
- The Condor Pasa- Simon and Garfunkel
- Only Yesterday- Taken by Trees
- Orbiting- The Weepies
- Window Bird- Stars
- Como Camaron- Estopa
5. Tell us something about yourself that otherwise we wouldn’t know or guess.
I have an unhealthy love of leggings.