Clinical Professor Charles Holton gave the Brinkley Lecture at Landon School in Bethesda, MD on Friday, Nov. 3. His topic was “Housing Issues for the Poor – What We Have Learned and How We Are Responding.” In his speech Holton described the work of Duke Law’s Civil Justice Clinic, particularly in housing cases in Durham, and he explained the pilot Eviction Diversion Program which the CJC has started in Durham this Fall in partnership with Legal Aid of North Carolina. He highlighted one particular housing/eviction case that was handled with great success by clinic students last year.
Holton gives talk on housing issues for the poor
- Video: Baxter discusses the Bitcoin bubble Journal Editorial Report
- Zelenak comments on new tax enforcement provisions for small businesses HuffPost
- Patel ’18 receives Skadden Fellowship to serve LGBTQ and HIV-affected Staten Islanders
- Rabiej comments on new guide for e-discovery and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Duke Law | EDRM
- Buell comments on DOJ media briefing regarding anti-Trump texts Politico