Clinical Professor Charles Holton gave the Brinkley Lecture at Landon School in Bethesda, MD on Friday, Nov. 3. His topic was “Housing Issues for the Poor – What We Have Learned and How We Are Responding.” In his speech Holton described the work of Duke Law’s Civil Justice Clinic, particularly in housing cases in Durham, and he explained the pilot Eviction Diversion Program which the CJC has started in Durham this Fall in partnership with Legal Aid of North Carolina. He highlighted one particular housing/eviction case that was handled with great success by clinic students last year.
Holton gives talk on housing issues for the poor
- New York Times endorses Teachout '99 as democratic candidate for N.Y. Attorney General New York Times
- Cox comments on Trump request for SEC to look into six-month reporting for public companies Wall Street Journal
- Schwarcz is second most-cited commercial law professor in U.S. for 2013-2017 Brian Leiter's Law School Reports
- Cox is 13th most-cited corporate law and securities regulation professor in the U.S. for 2013-2017 Brian Leiter's Law School Reports
- Garrett is fourth most-cited criminal law and procedure professor in the U.S. for 2013-2017 Brian Leiter's Law School Reports