Free at Last
Wrongful Convictions Clinic secures release of Charles Ray Finch after 43 years of incarceration
Bradley lays groundwork for new scholarly field
Helfer, Young among 50 scholars contributing to The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Foreign Relations Law
Nationally recognized clinician and immigration advocate Kate Evans to lead Duke Law School's new Immigrant Rights Clinic
News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, August 22, 2019, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Duke Summer Institute on Law, Language, and Culture offers engaging introduction to U.S. legal system and law school for international attorneys
- Duke Law Tech Lab cited for support of legal technology "ecosystem" Artificial Lawyer
- Roady, Nowlin, Arata co-author, file scholars’ amicus brief with Supreme Court in Hawaii Clean Water Act case
- Justice Ginsburg reflects on longevity, Court collegiality, and dysfunction in confirmation process during annual Duke Law conversation
- Visiting faculty bring expertise in corporate, environmental, criminal, and immigration law
- Dreeben '81, longtime SCOTUS advocate, joins Georgetown law faculty National Law Journal
- Fifth Circuit's Willett '92, MJS '16 says Master of Judicial Studies program helps jurists to "up our judicial game" Bloomberg Law
- Dreeben '81 to join Georgetown Law as a distinguished lecturer after long career as government's top criminal lawyer Bloomberg Law
- Willett '92 MJS '16 praises Master of Judicial Studies program as a "godsend" for those who want to "up their judicial game" Bloomberg Law
- Whitaker '92 urges lawyers and trial judges to read appellate court dissents and concurrences to discern how the law is evolving Law.com
From the Campus: Alumni News
- RT @DukeU: “Attorney General Barr’s decision to resume the federal death penalty is just one more effort by the administration to pick off… - July 26, 2019
- Prof. Lawrence Zelenak: Boeing could reap indefinite tax benefits from its $5 billion loss over troubled 737 Max pl… https://t.co/DhORV6CenG - July 26, 2019
- RT @MBNowlin: We want to know, too, so we’ve designed a research course to answer the question! @BassConnections @carolinafarm @infoCEFS @D… - July 26, 2019
- Justice Ginsburg remembers Justice Stevens, discusses Court tenure and latest term at Duke Law event https://t.co/SFbKRenflL - July 25, 2019
- Prof. Charles Dunlap says China should be the main focus for newly-confirmed Secretary of Defense Mark Esper https://t.co/eTGKNIw3u1 - July 25, 2019
- Zach Kleiman JD'13 has been named executive vice president of basketball operations for the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies. He most recently served the organization as team counsel and assistant general manager.
- Phillip Nelson JD'04 has joined Holland & Knight as senior counsel in its Chicago office. A bankruptcy attorney, he advises clients in distressed debt, restructuring and insolvency matters and previously practiced at Locke Lord.
- Gretchen Bellamy JD'05 joined the staff at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2018 as the senior director – education, operations & initiatives in the Office for Diversity Inclusion. She previously was senior strategist for Walmart Inc.’s Global Office of Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, and assistant general counsel in the Legal Operations Group for Walmart.
- Waverly Gordon JD'10 has been promoted to deputy chief counsel of the Committee on Energy and Commerce in the U.S House of Representatives. She previously served the Committee as health counsel.