Judge Allyson Duncan '75 tells grads to value "serendipity," seize opportunities that come their way.
Forging paths and making connections
Duke's Pre-Law Undergraduate Scholars Program offers networking and experiential learning opportunities
The tech issue
Teaching lawyers to lead the way with a focus on ethics and interdisciplinary engagement.
Defending free speech
First Amendment Clinic caps off successful first year, readies new Campus Speech Database.
D.C. Institute offers introduction to law school
Duke Law faculty to teach alongside U.S. Senator and former White House counsel
News & Events for Alumni
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 6:00 PM
Thursday, June 6, 2019, 6:00 PM
Monday, June 10, 2019, 6:00 PM
Thursday, June 13, 2019, 6:00 PM
Monday, June 17, 2019, 6:00 PM
Thursday, June 20, 2019, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 6:00 PM
Thursday, June 27, 2019, 4:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Schwarcz conferred distinguished honorary professorship at U.K.’s Durham University, delivers keynote lecture
- Consultant: EDRM under Bolch continues its tradition of excellence in e-discovery content, scholarship Above the Law
- D.C. Summer Institute offers introductory courses in law and legal thinking
- Civil Justice Clinic ensuring no family is denied help fighting eviction as gentrification exacerbates Durham's affordable housing shortage The News & Observer
- Fuqua's Harvey says employers are snapping up law grads with knowledge of blockchain technology PC Magazine
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic secures release of Charles Ray Finch after 43 years in prison
- Kimberly Hoover '83 to speak, sign new novel "Girl Squad" at D.C.'s Kramerbooks on June 11 Washington Blade
- C-SPAN to air full broadcast Monday of 2019 Bolch Prize ceremony featuring recipient Justice Anthony Kennedy (ret.), Justice Samuel Alito, Judge Allyson Duncan '75, and David Levi C-SPAN
- Searle '02 joins Walmart as VP, international chief ethics and compliance officer Bloomberg Law
- Verniero '84 cautions against expansion, term limits for Supreme Court Star-Ledger
From the Campus: Alumni News
A federal judge in Raleigh vacated the murder conviction and ordered the release on May 23 of Wrongful Convictions Clinic client Charles Ray Finch, who served 43 years in prison for a murder he did not commit. Finch, 81, was released from Greene Correctional Institution later that day.
- RT @DeanKerryAbrams: My first Duke commencement — What a wonderful group of deans. Thank you for welcoming me into the family! https://t.co… - May 12, 2019
- “As a law school graduate, you are in a position of privilege. You have learned how to navigate the system to set y… https://t.co/8ZEBUcbVbs - May 11, 2019
- “You become a beneficiary of serendipity by working hard at everything you do while remaining open to the developme… https://t.co/ivORQaGdr9 - May 11, 2019
- “From this point forward there is no required curriculum. ... And I believe that there will be no substitute for, a… https://t.co/YBoxY63WOG - May 11, 2019
- “What I have learned throughout my career is the value of keeping one’s eyes open for the moment when serendipity m… https://t.co/Ym0wkuuPKu - May 11, 2019
- Chris Dodrill JD'08 has joined the Dallas office of Greenberg Traurig as a litigation attorney. Chris previously practiced at Jones Day, and was a deputy attorney general and division director for the State of West Virginia.
- Conrad van Loggerenberg LLM'09 has been elected partner in the corporate department of Paul Weiss, resident in the firm’s New York office. He is part of the private funds group, where he advises on the formation of a variety of private investment funds, as well as investment management M&A transactions and other funds-related matters.
- Adam Zwecker JD'10 has been promoted to partner in the Miami office of Akerman, where he specializes in real estate leasing, purchase and sale, and finance transactions.
- Ryan Purcell JD'09 has been promoted to partner in Gunderson Dettmer’s New York office. His practice is focused on the representation of emerging growth companies, as well as venture capital and growth equity funds.