Dates & Deadlines
Fall 2017 Registration
Bookbags open at 12:00 AM on Friday, July 14, 2017.
Tuesday, July 18, at 8:00 AM through Wednesday, July 19 at 7:59 AM: 3Ls and SJDs register for up to nine credits.
Wednesday, July 19 at 8:00 AM through Thursday, July 20 at 7:59 AM: 2Ls and LLM-LEs (one year program).
Thursday, July 20 at 8:00 AM through Friday, July 21 at 7:59 AM: 3Ls and SJDs register for up to 16 credits.
- Friday, July 21 at 8:00 AM through Saturday, July 22 at 7:59 AM: 2Ls and LLM-LEs (one year program).
Saturday, July 22 at 8:00 AM through Friday, September 1 at 11:59 PM, drop/add. All students register for up to 17 credits (if a portion of the credits are audit credits).
Beyond the Classroom
Class Selection Tools
- Fall 2016 Professional Skills
- Fall 2016 Upper-Level Writing
- Prerequisite Information
- Course Browser
- Course Evaluations (login required)
- Course Selection Advice featuring...
- Clinical advice on YouTube
- Faculty Areas of Expertise
- Duke Law Bulletin
New & Notable Courses
- 376.01, History of International Law, Madeline Morris
- 511.01, International Criminal Law, Madeline Morris
- 518.01, Constitutional Law II: Historical Cases & Contemporary Controversies, H. Jefferson Powell
- 522.01, Contract Drafting: The Next Generation, Erika J.S. Buell
- 529.01, Corporate Governance, Ofer Eldar
- 546.01, International Law of Armed Conflict, Charles J. Dunlap, Jr.
- 572.01, International Forum Shopping: Theory and Practice, Rachel Brewster, Laurence R. Helfer
- 574.01, Lying and the Law of Questioning, Lisa Kern Griffin
- 574W.01, Lying and The Law of Questioning, Writing Credit, Lisa Kern Griffin
- 592.01, Frontier Robotics: Law & Ethics, Jeff Ward
- 594.01, Sex Equality's Past and Future, Neil S. Siegel
- 598.01, Family Creation: A Non-Judicial Perspective, Kathryn Webb Bradley
- 611.10, Readings in Advertising and Contracts, John C. Weistart
- 645.01, Second Amendment Research Tutorial, Joseph Blocher, Darrell A. H. Miller
- 735.01, Advanced Criminal Law, Benjamin Ewing
- 738.01, Financial Law and Regulation: Practitioner's Perspective, Lee Reiners
- 739.01, Religious Laws, Ralf Michaels
Classes Outside Duke Law