Dates & Deadlines
Wintersession 2017 Registration
Bookbags (Pre-registration) open at 12:00 a.m. on September 30 and close at 11:59 p.m. on December 5.
Tuesday October 4: 3L JDs and SJDs register for up to 1 credit;
Wednesday, October 5: Int’l LLMs and LLM-LEs (one year program) register for up to 1 credit;
Thursday, October 6: 2L JDs and dual degree 1L JDs register for up to 1 credit;
Friday, October 7: Drop/add begins. Also, 1L JD (non-dual degree) register for up to .50 credit in Law 844.
Drop/add ends on December 5, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: Registration windows open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 7:59 a.m. on the following day.
Beyond the Classroom
Class Selection Tools
- Fall 2016 Professional Skills
- Fall 2016 Upper-Level Writing
- Prerequisite Information
- Course Browser
- Course Evaluations (login required)
- Course Selection Advice featuring...
- Clinical advice on YouTube
- Faculty Areas of Expertise
- Duke Law Bulletin
New & Notable Courses
- Criminal Trial Practice, Law 422, 3 credits, Professor Tom Maher
- Election Law, Law 311, 3 credits, Professor Guy Charles
- Introduction to Law and Economics, Law 359, 3 credits, Professor Andrea Renda
- Ocean and Coastal Law and Policy, Law 298, 2 credits, Professor Steve Roady, LIVE, and not via videoconference as in past years
- Sexuality and the Law, Law 593, 2 credits, Professor Juliette Duara
- Supreme Court Litigation, Law 776, 2 credits, Professor Don Ayer
- Clinic Students for Fall 2016: SAVE THE DATE – August 25 – An Evening with Bryan Stevenson at DPAC
***Note: Federal Courts, Law 342, will be offered in the Spring semester only this academic year. Professor Curt Bradley will teach the course in the spring semester. While we regret that we were unable to schedule a fall section of Fed Courts, we will do our best to schedule the spring section at a time free of as many conflicts with related courses as the schedule will permit. The section will be large enough to accommodate all interested students.
Classes Outside Duke Law