When: Wednesday, September 25
Where: Star Commons
Time: Starting at 5:00 p.m. Judging will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m.
Registration for cooks is now open! Registration closes at 5:00 pm on Thursday, September 19.
Admission is FREE for Duke Law students! Please note that family members are welcome to participate.
- Best Comfort Food
- Best Dessert
- Best Dish on a Public Interest Salary
- Best Spicy Dish
- Best Vegetarian Dish
- Most Kid-Friendly Dish
- Most Representative of Your Home Country
- Best Transcontinental Collaboration (LLM and JD students)
- Choose a category and submit a dish. You may also compete in more than one category by submitting a separate dish for each category.
- You may compete in teams. Whether prepared by one cook or a team, each dish should feed at least 30 people per cook.
- Participants should arrive and set up beginning at 5 p.m. The Fest begins at 5:30 p.m. and judging will begin promptly.
- Tables will be provided for participants to display their dishes.
- NO facilities will be provided to cook, heat, or otherwise prepare dishes. Please bring dishes fully-prepared and ready to display.
- You may bring a crock pot, warmer, etc. to keep your dish warm. You may request a table near an electrical outlet when registering, but please bring your own extension cord.
- Plates, tableware, and napkins will be provided to serve attendees. Please bring your own utensils, platters, etc. to serve your dishes.
- Winners will be announced at the event.
Food Safety Guidelines
- One participant must remain with his or her dish to serve food to Fest attendees at all times; Fest attendees may not serve themselves.
- Participants must wear serving gloves (provided by OIS) when serving food.
- Participants must wash their hands prior to beginning or resuming food service.
- Fiesta attendees must use disposable utensils (provided by OIS).
- Fiesta attendees are encouraged to use hand sanitizer at each station (provided by OIS).
Contact Leslie Allen in the Office of International Studies (OIS) at email@example.com, if you have any questions about the Food Fest. For additional information about safe preparation and handling of food, refer to this website through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.