The Hardt Cup Tournament is an annual Moot Court tournament for first-year students at Duke University School of Law. It is an opportunity for students to practice oral advocacy and a chance for the finest advocates to earn an invitation to join the Moot Court Board. The tournament begins with the oral advocacy component of the first-year Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing (LARW) curriculum, which is coordinated by the Moot Court Board.
2019 Hardt Cup Schedule
- Training Session, LARW Sections 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8, Monday, March 4th @ 12:30pm, in room 3041.
- Training Session, LARW Sections 2, 4, and 6, Thursday, March 7th @ 12:30pm, in room 3041
- LARW Component, Wednesday, March 27 through Saturday, March 30
- Opt-in Deadline for students who argue on Wednesday, March 27 and Thursday, March 28 for LARW, Thursday, March 28 at 11:59pm
- Opt-in Deadline for students who argue on Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30 for LARW, Saturday, March 30 at 11:59pm
- First Round, Monday, April 1 and Tuesday, April 2
- Round of 48, Wednesday, April 3
- Sweet Sixteen, Thursday, April 4
- Elite Eight, Sunday, April 7
- Final Four, Sunday, April 7
- Championship, Tuesday, April 9