The Hardt Cup Tournament is an annual moot court tournament for first-year students at Duke University School of Law. It is an opportunity for students to practice oral advocacy and a chance for the finest advocates to earn an invitation to join the Moot Court Board. The tournament begins with the oral advocacy component of the first-year Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing (LARW) curriculum, which is coordinated by the Moot Court Board.
2017 Hardt Cup Schedule
- Training Session, LARW Sections 1–4, Wednesday, March 8th @ 12:30, in room 3041
- Training Session, LARW Sections 5–8, Thursday, March 9th @ 12:30, in room 3041
- LARW Component, Wednesday, March 29 through Saturday, April 1
- Opt In Deadline for students who argue on Wednesday, March 29 and Thursday, March 30 for LARW, Thursday, March 30 at 11:59 p.m.
- Opt In Deadline for students who argue on Friday, March 31 and Saturday, April 1 for LARW, Saturday, April 1 at 11:59 p.m.
- First Round, Monday, April 3 and Tuesday, April 4
- Round of 48, Thursday, April 6
- Sweet Sixteen, Friday, April 7
- Elite Eight, Sunday, April 9
- Final Four, Sunday, April 9
- Championship, Tuesday, April 11