The Hardt Cup Tournament is an annual moot court tournament for first-year students at Duke University School of Law. It is an opportunity for students to practice oral advocacy and a chance for the finest advocates to earn an invitation to join the Moot Court Board. The tournament begins with the oral advocacy component of the first-year Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing (LARW) curriculum, which is coordinated by the Moot Court Board.
2016 Hardt Cup Schedule
- Training Session, LARW Sections 1–4, Tuesday, March 8th @ 12:30, in room 3041
- Training Session, LARW Sections 5–8, Thursday, March 10th @ 12:30, in room 3041
- LARW Component, Wednesday, March 30 through Saturday, April 2
- Opt In Deadline for students who argue on Wednesday, March 30 and Thursday, March 31 for LARW, Thursday, March 31 at 11:59 p.m.
- Opt In Deadline for students who argue on Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2 for LARW, Saturday, April 2 at 11:59 p.m.
- First Round, Monday, April 4 and Tuesday, April 5
- Round of 48, Wednesday, April 6
- Sweet Sixteen, Friday, April 8
- Elite Eight, Sunday, April 10
- Final Four, Sunday, April 10
- Championship, Tuesday, April 12