Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
News & Galleries tagged with: Academic Strengths
- Blocher's new book asks how and why First Amendment applies to speech without words or clear meaning - March 06, 2017
- Clinic students work with U.N. to assess human trafficking in United States - March 01, 2017
- Frakes examines the economics of heath care rationing in new Oxford Handbook of U.S. Health Law - February 23, 2017
- Helfer and Reichman co-author book to help governments implement new treaty expanding access to accessible materials for the visually impaired - February 17, 2017
- Young discusses Supreme Court nominee Gorsuch and the evolution of originalism - February 17, 2017
- Boyle and Jenkins relate 2,000 years of musical history—and of musical borrowing—in comic book form - February 17, 2017
- Schwarcz receives multiple international honors for research and scholarship - February 16, 2017
- Start-Up Ventures Clinic students advise budding businesspeople at Duke's Innovation & Entrepreneurship Academy - February 10, 2017
- Community pro bono effort leads to commutations for low-level drug offenders - February 03, 2017
- Video: Duke faculty discuss the constitutionality and force of Trump's executive orders - February 01, 2017
- Brewster discusses possible trade agreements after Trump signs away TPP - January 24, 2017
- Podcast: Cox discusses high-profile securities fraud retrial - January 11, 2017
- Sachs elected to American Law Institute - January 10, 2017
- Public Domain Day: What could have entered the public domain on Jan. 1, 2017? - January 06, 2017
- Purdy, Divinity’s Wirzba lead project on Anthropocene at Kenan Institute with support of Luce Foundation - January 05, 2017
- Siegel: Open letter to Trump calls on conservative constitutional scholars to join progressives in "speaking law to power" - December 14, 2016
- Podcast: Cox discusses the SEC and the Trump administration - November 21, 2016
- Mellon Foundation funds Brewster-organized yearlong seminar on corporate rights and international law - November 14, 2016
- Baxter examines future of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - November 14, 2016
- Coleman on Kalvin Michael Smith release: "We’re going to keep at it until we exonerate him" - November 10, 2016
- Buell book looks beyond "lock 'em up" mentality for white-collar criminals - October 31, 2016
- Podcast: Nowlin discusses post-flooding pollution from factory farms in North Carolina - October 28, 2016
- Lemos elected to American Law Institute - October 26, 2016
- Reichman co-authors book on designing a microbial research commons - October 26, 2016
- Podcast: Blocher discusses the Second Amendment and the presidential election - October 21, 2016