New Duke Law research center focuses on gun rights and regulation
Second Amendment scholars Joseph Blocher and Darrell Miller co-direct the Duke Center for Firearms Law.
Duke Center on Law, Race and Politics and Law in Slavery and Freedom Project of the University of Michigan host conference on historical period that set the stage for the Civil Rights movement, Mar. 1-2.
Duke’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security considers key cybersecurity, terrorism, and national security challenges, February 22-23.
Investigating N.C.'s role in CIA renditions
Faculty, students examine state’s ties to apprehension, detention, and transport of terror suspects to be tortured outside the U.S.
News & Galleries tagged with: Alumni News
- John Norton Moore ’62 celebrates 50 years of teaching law at UVA - March 10, 2017
- Shibley '03: Colleges are ground zero for mob attacks on free speech - March 08, 2017
- Fine '11 comments on Philadelphia DHS decision to stop suing parents of incarcerated minors for child support - March 07, 2017
- Scarton '01 named Washington State Ferries chief - February 24, 2017
- Transactional Law Competition offers students experience at negotiating table - February 16, 2017
- Roth JD '11 LLMLE '12 discusses benefits of Duke's StartupConnect Networking Fair - February 15, 2017
- Yarger '08 reflects on lessons learned while clerking for SCOTUS nominee Gorsuch - February 15, 2017
- Whitaker '92 named to Fulton Superior Court bench - February 08, 2017
- Clinkscale '86 named to board of Atlanta International Arbitration Society - February 08, 2017
- Community pro bono effort leads to commutations for low-level drug offenders - February 03, 2017
- Telfer LLM '92 writes book on "Ruin and Redemption" of Canadian bankruptcy law - February 03, 2017
- Tishler '15 and Grossman-Boder '15 contribute to immigration aid efforts at JFK airport - January 31, 2017
- Simons ’17 (citing Bartlett) explores "long, bipartisan tradition of denigrating women in politics by criticizing their appearance" - January 26, 2017
- Johnson '01 named administrative judge in Prince George's County, Maryland - January 23, 2017
- Teachout '99 among group of constitutional scholars suing Trump over accepting payments from foreign governments - January 23, 2017
- Jackson '96 looks for compromise with other N.C. lawmakers - January 23, 2017
- Kirtland '97 named partner-in-charge of Norton Rose Fulbright's DC office - January 23, 2017
- Wester '72 receives distinguished pro bono service award - January 20, 2017
- Wu '01: "Someone nominated to lead the EPA should know, off the bat, that there’s no safe level of lead for human exposure" - January 20, 2017
- Nick Galifianakis ’53 and John Semonche ’67 - January 19, 2017
- Jonathan Aronie '93 - January 19, 2017
- Blue '73 elected president of National Conference of State Legislatures - January 19, 2017
- Sawchak '89 and Elliott '93 appointed to senior leadership posts in N.C. Department of Justice - January 18, 2017
- Lori Andrus ’99 - January 13, 2017
- Defense attorney Treem '72 discusses career and taking on clients no one else will - January 13, 2017