Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center on Law, Ethics and National Security
- Dunlap discusses Trump transition from candidate to commander-in-chief - November 09, 2016
- Dunlap: A Veterans Day reflection on military service and teaching at Duke Law - November 08, 2016
- Dunlap: It's wrong to suppress the military vote - October 21, 2016
- Bradley: Law allowing 9/11 families to sue Saudi Arabia could harm global anti-terrorism efforts - September 29, 2016
- Dunlap: Presidential endorsements "inconsistent with the proper role of retired senior officers in a democracy" - September 07, 2016
- Dunlap: Declarations of war have important legal impact - August 31, 2016
- Dunlap: Obama should pardon Petraeus - August 30, 2016
- Dunlap: ABA should consider discrimination against vets and military members an ethics violation - August 25, 2016
- Dunlap examines presidential candidates' views on material support prosecution - August 22, 2016
- Dunlap on Obama administration drone policy: Inaction can also cause civilian deaths - August 19, 2016
- Dunlap: NATO members not legally required to "automatically" use force in defense of allies - July 22, 2016
- Dunlap explains U.S. defense budget surprises - July 11, 2016
- Dunlap on Brexit's national security implications: Keep calm, carry on - June 27, 2016
- Crouse '80 publishes military thriller, "Broken Eagle" - June 27, 2016
- Podcast: Dunlap discusses voter disaffection and the presidential election - May 28, 2016
- Dunlap examines the history, law, and meaning of Memorial Day - May 28, 2016
- Dunlap discusses lethal autonomous weapons - May 25, 2016
- Dunlap: Lawmakers could create liability issues for tech companies that create cop-proof encryption - May 19, 2016
- Dunlap analyzes the impact of U.S. military strategy on the Middle East - May 13, 2016
- Dunlap comments on lack of criminal charges for personnel involved in Afghan hospital bombing - April 29, 2016
- Dunlap discusses military generals and the presidency - April 22, 2016
- Dunlap discusses "graymail" and the Edward Lin prosecution - April 19, 2016
- Dunlap explains laws governing carpet bombing - March 28, 2016
- Dunlap discusses legality of striking ISIS trainees - March 25, 2016
- Dunlap comments on Apple-FBI privacy battle - March 25, 2016