Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Meet the Duke Law Class of 2020
Two-hundred fourteen JD students are now immersed in their first-year classes.
Environmental Law Newsletter – 2017
Read about the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic’s first 10 years, a new book on regulating after crises, faculty scholarship, and more.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center on Law, Ethics and National Security
- Dunlap explains what Sally Yates, Jack Goldsmith, and Kirk Douglas have to do with each other - February 01, 2017
- Dunlap on Trump and "lawfare": "If we have an opportunity to use law instead of more traditional weapons to address foreign policy issues, I'm all for it" - January 25, 2017
- Dunlap: "Americans are very pragmatic as to how a President exercises his War Powers" - January 12, 2017
- Dunlap: Trump’s Cabinet of ex-generals will help keep him out of wars, not push him into one - December 08, 2016
- Dunlap analyzes findings of new survey on American opinions about torture - December 07, 2016
- Dunlap analyzes Trump's pick for Secretary of Defense - December 05, 2016
- Dunlap: Mattis appointment "a great pick, but it’s vitally important that he be paired with a deputy deeply schooled in budget and procurement processes" - December 02, 2016
- Dunlap discusses multiple military candidates for Trump cabinet posts - November 30, 2016
- Dunlap discusses Trump transition from candidate to commander-in-chief - November 09, 2016
- Dunlap: A Veterans Day reflection on military service and teaching at Duke Law - November 08, 2016
- Dunlap: It's wrong to suppress the military vote - October 21, 2016
- Bradley: Law allowing 9/11 families to sue Saudi Arabia could harm global anti-terrorism efforts - September 29, 2016
- Dunlap: Presidential endorsements "inconsistent with the proper role of retired senior officers in a democracy" - September 07, 2016
- Dunlap: Declarations of war have important legal impact - August 31, 2016
- Dunlap: Obama should pardon Petraeus - August 30, 2016
- Dunlap: ABA should consider discrimination against vets and military members an ethics violation - August 25, 2016
- Dunlap examines presidential candidates' views on material support prosecution - August 22, 2016
- Dunlap on Obama administration drone policy: Inaction can also cause civilian deaths - August 19, 2016
- Dunlap: NATO members not legally required to "automatically" use force in defense of allies - July 22, 2016
- Dunlap explains U.S. defense budget surprises - July 11, 2016
- Crouse '80 publishes military thriller, "Broken Eagle" - June 27, 2016
- Dunlap on Brexit's national security implications: Keep calm, carry on - June 27, 2016
- Dunlap examines the history, law, and meaning of Memorial Day - May 28, 2016
- Podcast: Dunlap discusses voter disaffection and the presidential election - May 28, 2016
- Dunlap discusses lethal autonomous weapons - May 25, 2016