Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center on Law, Ethics and National Security
- Dunlap: Gather facts on Afghan hospital incident before declaring it a war crime - October 05, 2015
- Dunlap on Syria: Russian anti-ISIS efforts could be successful due to fewer constraints about rules of engagement - October 02, 2015
- Dunlap on Russia's Syrian strikes: "This message will not be lost on Russia’s nervous neighbors in Europe" - October 01, 2015
- Duke Law convenes leading scholars and former government officials to discuss Obama’s war powers legacy - September 28, 2015
- Everett scholarship fund to support students with military backgrounds or plans - September 11, 2015
- Dunlap comments on Pentagon's rules for media engagement - September 04, 2015
- Dunlap discusses domestic drones at ABA security conference - August 31, 2015
- Dunlap reviews novel with "possibly plausible" scenario of high-tech future war - August 18, 2015
- Dunlap: New York Times' reporting on DOD Law of War Manual is dangerously uninformed - August 13, 2015
- Dunlap comments on legal battle over warrantless phone tracking - August 11, 2015
- Dunlap: Current U.S. law prohibits moving Gitmo detainees stateside - July 28, 2015
- Dunlap comments on Trump's POW insult - July 21, 2015
- Dunlap discusses appointment of new Gitmo commander - July 13, 2015
- Dunlap: True threat of cyber espionage is "hyper-personalization of war" - July 13, 2015
- Dunlap analyzes DOD targeting guidelines - July 10, 2015
- Dunlap discusses the legality of a military strike against Iran’s nuclear program - July 06, 2015
- Dunlap: With new ransom policy, Obama is thinking with his heart, not head - June 26, 2015
- Dunlap calls for more factual debate on new DoD Law of War Manual's guidelines on human shields - June 25, 2015
- Dunlap analyzes recent critiques of Guantanamo military commission system - June 24, 2015
- Dunlap offers initial impressions of cyber operations and the new DoD Law of War Manual - June 15, 2015
- Dunlap comments on military role in probe of federal database hack - June 12, 2015
- Dunlap discusses "the hyper-personalization of war" - June 09, 2015
- Dunlap offers observations on unintended casualties and opinion polls - May 26, 2015
- Dunlap: Even worst-case drone statistics show "precise and discriminate application of force" - May 11, 2015
- Dunlap comments on ISIL "copycats" in U.S. - May 11, 2015