Environmental Law Newsletter – 2017
Read about the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic’s first 10 years, a new book on regulating after crises, faculty scholarship, and more.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
Meet the Duke Law Class of 2020
Two-hundred fourteen JD students are now immersed in their first-year classes.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center on Law, Ethics and National Security
- Dunlap: With new ransom policy, Obama is thinking with his heart, not head - June 26, 2015
- Dunlap calls for more factual debate on new DoD Law of War Manual's guidelines on human shields - June 25, 2015
- Dunlap analyzes recent critiques of Guantanamo military commission system - June 24, 2015
- Dunlap offers initial impressions of cyber operations and the new DoD Law of War Manual - June 15, 2015
- Dunlap comments on military role in probe of federal database hack - June 12, 2015
- Dunlap discusses "the hyper-personalization of war" - June 09, 2015
- Dunlap offers observations on unintended casualties and opinion polls - May 26, 2015
- Dunlap: Even worst-case drone statistics show "precise and discriminate application of force" - May 11, 2015
- Dunlap comments on ISIL "copycats" in U.S. - May 11, 2015
- Dunlap analyzes principles, contradictions behind international laws banning new weapons - April 03, 2015
- Dunlap: Bringing Bergdahl home was the right choice—deserter or not - March 26, 2015
- Dunlap comments on charges against accused U.S. Army deserter held captive by Taliban - March 26, 2015
- Dunlap discusses partisan politics and the use of military force - March 09, 2015
- Video: Dunlap discusses the laws of war and the changing nature of conflict - March 04, 2015
- Dunlap discusses cyber security and warfare - February 27, 2015
- Huckerby: "ISIS has been on a very strong female recruitment drive" - February 22, 2015
- Dunlap comments on proposed rules for domestic drones - February 20, 2015
- Dunlap assesses Obama's retroactive request for war authority to battle Islamic State - February 20, 2015
- Silliman authors appellate opinion on Hicks military commission plea - February 18, 2015
- Silliman writes military commission appeals court opinion annulling Guantanamo guilty plea - February 18, 2015
- Dunlap outlines possible ISIL strategies to take advantage of time limit on proposed U.S. military action - February 16, 2015
- Dunlap on request for war authorization: Obama "will get most or all of the authority he seeks" - February 12, 2015
- Huckerby: Women are "re-branding ISIS as less of a terror group and more of a state building exercise" - January 28, 2015
- Huckerby: We have to move past stereotypes and myths to understand the role of women in terror groups - January 22, 2015
- Dunlap: Military service has "become a family tradition, in a way that’s at odds with how we want to think a democracy spreads the burden" - December 29, 2014