New Duke Law research center focuses on gun rights and regulation
Second Amendment scholars Joseph Blocher and Darrell Miller co-direct the Duke Center for Firearms Law.
Duke Center on Law, Race and Politics and Law in Slavery and Freedom Project of the University of Michigan host conference on historical period that set the stage for the Civil Rights movement, Mar. 1-2.
Duke’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security considers key cybersecurity, terrorism, and national security challenges, February 22-23.
Investigating N.C.'s role in CIA renditions
Faculty, students examine state’s ties to apprehension, detention, and transport of terror suspects to be tortured outside the U.S.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center on Law, Race and Politics
- Beasley MJS '18 named Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court by Gov. Cooper - February 12, 2019
- Gergel '79 publishes "Unexampled Courage: The Blinding of Sgt. Isaac Woodard and the Awakening of President Harry S. Truman and Judge J. Waties Waring" - January 22, 2019
- Duke historian Glymph accepts secondary appointment to Law School faculty - November 28, 2018
- Dellinger: President's plan to end birthright citizenship by executive order "flatly unlawful and unconstitutional" and would create "permanent caste of aliens" - November 01, 2018
- Charles and co-authors assess "legal and quantitative problems at the heart of gerrymandering litigation" - September 04, 2018
- Powell: Wording of proposed amendment to N.C. constitution cannot undo governor's veto power - August 09, 2018
- Charles and co-author analyze Supreme Court ruling in Abbott v. Perez that upheld Texas redistricting. - August 06, 2018
- Charles discusses potential impact of Trump's Supreme Court choice - July 09, 2018
- Charles discusses impact of Supreme Court gerrymandering decisions - June 27, 2018
- Charles discusses Supreme Court's decision not to hear N.C. redistricting case - June 26, 2018
- Charles on Supreme Court's redistricting decisions: "The Court did not punt, the Court is at a stalemate" - June 19, 2018
- Charles discusses Supreme Court decisions in redistricting cases - June 19, 2018
- Charles discusses new voter I.D. proposal in N.C. legislature - June 13, 2018
- On anniversary of MLK assassination, Holloway says "we are experiencing an erosion of rights won 50 years ago" - April 04, 2018
- Law faculty participate in Duke symposium examining slavery's legacy through historical monuments - April 03, 2018
- Glymph discusses impetus for symposium on American universities, monuments, and legacies of slavery - April 02, 2018
- Glymph organizes two-day Duke symposium on slavery and universities, March 30-31 - March 12, 2018
- Charles contributes to coalition filing multiple suits alleging current electoral college system is unconstitutional - February 23, 2018
- Charles discusses Voting Rights Act at UC Davis School of Law - February 09, 2018
- Glymph addresses the indeterminate end to slavery when she delivers the Robert R. Wilson Lecture, Feb. 7 - January 31, 2018
- Video: Glymph discusses freedom, equality, and the 14th Amendment - December 12, 2017
- Charles analyzes new N.C. legislative maps proposed in wake of Supreme Court ruling - August 22, 2017
- Charles discusses implications of Supreme Court's decision to hear Wisconsin gerrymandering case - June 20, 2017
- Charles on racial gerrymandering: N.C. citizens "have a responsibility for holding their legislators accountable in the redistricting process" - June 09, 2017
- Charles discusses ramifications of Supreme Court ruling in redistricting case - May 23, 2017