On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center for the Study of the Public Domain
- Boyle discusses CSPD's "Theft" and the long history of musical borrowing - April 12, 2017
- CSPD's "Theft" outlines 2,000 years of innovation stemming from artistic appropriation - April 03, 2017
- Boyle and Jenkins relate 2,000 years of musical history—and of musical borrowing—in comic book form - February 17, 2017
- Reichman co-authors book on designing a microbial research commons - October 26, 2016
- Boyle comments on efforts to bring folk-music classics into the public domain - July 13, 2016
- Commenting on "Stairway to Heaven" copyright case, Jenkins '97 calls Ninth Circuit standards for comparing songs "misguided" - June 22, 2016
- Jenkins discusses copyright overreach and 'We Shall Overcome' - May 10, 2016
- Jenkins discusses fair use and teaching kids about copyright - February 29, 2016
- O'Brien '16 honored by Grammy Foundation - February 19, 2016
- In praise of eternal youth - January 06, 2016
- Jenkins on American copyright law: "Films are literally rotting in their cans" - January 03, 2016
- Boyle makes animated avian cameo to explain "legal limbo" of U.S. copyright laws - December 03, 2015
- Jenkins comments on case invalidating copyright claim to "Happy Birthday" - September 29, 2015
- May '71 co-authors The Constitutional Foundations of Intellectual Property: A Natural Rights Perspective - September 02, 2015
- Jenkins discusses copyright, fan fiction, and Jane Austen's literary life after death - March 18, 2015
- New dual-degree program combines law, bioethics, and science policy - February 18, 2015
- Jenkins discusses ownership of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech - January 08, 2015
- CSPD publishes annual list of works prohibited from entering public use by U.S. copyright law - December 30, 2014
- Watch: Farahany examines legal and ethical implications of cognitive liberty - October 16, 2014
- Boyle and Jenkins work to counter high cost of legal texts by working on open coursebook for intellectual property law - July 30, 2014
- Video: Jenkins discusses the ambiguous battle over the Public Domain - June 16, 2014
- Farahany explains what's at stake in FDA's consideration of controversial fertility procedure - February 25, 2014
- Boyle discusses copyright law and the shrinking public domain - January 28, 2014
- Public Domain Day 2014: Find out what could (but won't) enter the public domain Jan. 1 - December 30, 2013
- Duke Law’s new Center for Innovation Policy promotes innovation that spurs long-term economic growth - November 13, 2013