On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center on Law, Ethics and National Security
- Dunlap comments on ISIL "copycats" in U.S. - May 11, 2015
- Dunlap analyzes principles, contradictions behind international laws banning new weapons - April 03, 2015
- Dunlap: Bringing Bergdahl home was the right choice—deserter or not - March 26, 2015
- Dunlap comments on charges against accused U.S. Army deserter held captive by Taliban - March 26, 2015
- Dunlap discusses partisan politics and the use of military force - March 09, 2015
- Video: Dunlap discusses the laws of war and the changing nature of conflict - March 04, 2015
- Dunlap discusses cyber security and warfare - February 27, 2015
- Huckerby: "ISIS has been on a very strong female recruitment drive" - February 22, 2015
- Dunlap comments on proposed rules for domestic drones - February 20, 2015
- Dunlap assesses Obama's retroactive request for war authority to battle Islamic State - February 20, 2015
- Silliman authors appellate opinion on Hicks military commission plea - February 18, 2015
- Silliman writes military commission appeals court opinion annulling Guantanamo guilty plea - February 18, 2015
- Dunlap outlines possible ISIL strategies to take advantage of time limit on proposed U.S. military action - February 16, 2015
- Dunlap on request for war authorization: Obama "will get most or all of the authority he seeks" - February 12, 2015
- Huckerby: Women are "re-branding ISIS as less of a terror group and more of a state building exercise" - January 28, 2015
- Huckerby: We have to move past stereotypes and myths to understand the role of women in terror groups - January 22, 2015
- Dunlap: Military service has "become a family tradition, in a way that’s at odds with how we want to think a democracy spreads the burden" - December 29, 2014
- Dunlap says that views on the Senate CIA report are “intractably polarized" - December 10, 2014
- Dunlap: Senate report on CIA torture presents little risk, except to morale - December 09, 2014
- Dunlap praises departing defense chief Hagel's management of US-China military relations - December 05, 2014
- Dunlap: SecDef nominee's sterling reputation should carry him through bumbled selection process - December 05, 2014
- Dunlap discusses the National Guard's many duties - December 01, 2014
- Dunlap discusses U.S. drone policy - October 31, 2014
- Dunlap comments on possibility of drafting female fighters - October 28, 2014
- Dunlap says ISIL wants "to generate reprisals that will lead to more recruits for them" - October 15, 2014