Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
News & Galleries tagged with: Center on Law, Race and Politics
- Charles discusses implications of Supreme Court's decision to hear Wisconsin gerrymandering case - June 20, 2017
- Charles on racial gerrymandering: N.C. citizens "have a responsibility for holding their legislators accountable in the redistricting process" - June 09, 2017
- Charles discusses ramifications of Supreme Court ruling in redistricting case - May 23, 2017
- Law School panel examines role of race in redistricting - March 23, 2017
- Bakari Sellers speaks at event honoring first African American president of Duke Student Government - March 20, 2017
- Charles works with Provost's office to organize March 3 forum on interaction between police and communities of color - February 27, 2017
- Charles works with Provost's office to organize March 3 forum on interaction between police and communities of color - February 09, 2017
- Charles comments on relationship between students and police at Shaw University - February 01, 2017
- Duke Law community explores need for 'uncomfortable conversations' about diversity - November 02, 2016
- Charles: "If there is a justice from whom we've seen little evolution, it's Justice Thomas" - October 24, 2016
- Duke Law presents “Diversity of Thoughts: Finding Common Ground”, Oct. 18 - October 13, 2016
- Charles: Five observations on the N.C. voter law decision - August 02, 2016
- Charles: N.C. voter law decision shows that courts have replaced Voting Rights Act in policing voter discrimination - August 02, 2016
- Charles discusses Kennedy-penned opinion in Fisher v. Texas - July 11, 2016
- Charles, Dellinger review 2015-2016 Supreme Court term - July 01, 2016
- Charles discusses Supreme Court's 1962 ruling in key redistricting case - June 13, 2016
- Charles discusses voting access in U.S. - March 28, 2016
- Holloway discusses role of state government in Flint water crisis - February 02, 2016
- Watch | Center on Law, Race and Politics conference: The Present & Future of Civil Rights Movements - November 25, 2015
- Mizzou student organizers discuss activism and sacrifice at Duke Law conference on civil rights - November 23, 2015
- Holloway leads Duke initiative researching issues affecting women and girls of color - November 18, 2015
- Charles says campaign finance structure is a civil rights issue - October 23, 2015
- Charles comments on Supreme Court's fall term - October 06, 2015
- “Black Lives, Atticus Finch, and the Ethics of Legal Fictions:” A community conversation - September 17, 2015
- Charles discusses Voting Rights Act and wave of new voter requirements - August 11, 2015