Duke Center on Law, Race and Politics and Law in Slavery and Freedom Project of the University of Michigan host conference on historical period that set the stage for the Civil Rights movement, Mar. 1-2.
Investigating N.C.'s role in CIA renditions
Faculty, students examine state’s ties to apprehension, detention, and transport of terror suspects to be tortured outside the U.S.
New Duke Law research center focuses on gun rights and regulation
Second Amendment scholars Joseph Blocher and Darrell Miller co-direct the Duke Center for Firearms Law.
Duke’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security considers key cybersecurity, terrorism, and national security challenges, February 22-23.
News & Galleries tagged with: Constitutional Law
- Buell on Cohen office raid: Breach of attorney-client privilege is "“uncommon but by no means unprecedented" - April 11, 2018
- Buell comments on government cooperation and the Mueller investigation - April 05, 2018
- Blocher and Miller compile comprehensive historical gun law database - April 04, 2018
- On anniversary of MLK assassination, Holloway says "we are experiencing an erosion of rights won 50 years ago" - April 04, 2018
- Law faculty participate in Duke symposium examining slavery's legacy through historical monuments - April 03, 2018
- Miller: On 50th anniversary of MLK's death, we should attend to the health of the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act - April 01, 2018
- Siegel on gun control: "The problem is a lack of political will in Congress and in some states to enact reasonable restrictions" - April 01, 2018
- Griffin discusses legal implications of possible pardons in Russia probe - March 30, 2018
- Blocher comments on correlation between gun sales and gun regulations - March 30, 2018
- Griffin: Presidential pardons can constitute obstruction of justice if made "with corrupt intent" - March 29, 2018
- Blocher: "The Second Amendment is perfectly consistent with gun regulation" - March 28, 2018
- Buell: "The framers did not create the power to pardon as a way for the president to protect himself and his associates" - March 28, 2018
- Dellinger says president can be indicted but not tried - March 28, 2018
- Dellinger: You can indict a president - March 27, 2018
- Blocher on gun laws: “Firearm localism” may offer a way out of the current political impasse - March 21, 2018
- Blocher assesses changes in gun rights activism - March 20, 2018
- Miller: Be realistic about the cost of arming teachers - March 14, 2018
- Duke Law's gun law repository shows history of American prohibitions on minors purchasing weapons - March 13, 2018
- Miller compares gun regulations in the U.S., U.K., and Australia - March 09, 2018
- Dunlap: Gun control measures can save teen lives, and "car control" regulations can save more - March 06, 2018
- Miller: In the decade following the Heller decision "Second Amendment champions have gone from euphoric to disgruntled" - March 05, 2018
- Powell on new First Amendment Clinic: "Freedom of speech means it’s protected for everybody" - February 28, 2018
- Levi, Sorrell '94 will be among panelists at Duke free speech forum on March 1 - February 26, 2018
- Powell examines the President's duty to defend against cyber-attack - February 23, 2018
- Charles contributes to coalition filing multiple suits alleging current electoral college system is unconstitutional - February 23, 2018