On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
News & Galleries tagged with: Constitutional Law
- Siegel lays out steps for "reciprocal legitimation" between Supreme Court and lower courts in response to attacks on judiciary - February 15, 2017
- Bradley and Siegel analyze prospects for Trump-era judicial and media independence in the event of a terrorist attack - February 09, 2017
- Adler comments on Trump's threats to take federal funding from states and cities that resist his policies - February 09, 2017
- Young on Trump's criticism of judiciary: Judges can take it but "you'd like it to be more substantive and respectful in its tone" - February 09, 2017
- Young on judicial blockage of executive orders: "What we’re seeing is a salutary operation of checks and balances" - February 07, 2017
- Siegel analyzes chances of Kennedy stepping down from Supreme Court - February 06, 2017
- Siegel: Gorsuch may fill Supreme Court seat, but Senate Dems can use confirmation hearings to "win the war on constitutional norms, the rule of law, and an independent judiciary" - February 01, 2017
- Video: Duke faculty discuss the constitutionality and force of Trump's executive orders - February 01, 2017
- Podcast: Young discusses Supreme Court nomination - February 01, 2017
- Blocher: Under new administration, "momentum is building" for guns in schools movement - January 20, 2017
- Dunlap: "Americans are very pragmatic as to how a President exercises his War Powers" - January 12, 2017
- Sachs elected to American Law Institute - January 10, 2017
- Young: Trump judicial appointments will likely lead to legal challenges testing "how easy or hard it is for federal statutes to preempt state law" - January 05, 2017
- Siegel: Open letter to Trump calls on conservative constitutional scholars to join progressives in "speaking law to power" - December 14, 2016
- Siegel discusses open letter from con law scholars to Trump - December 14, 2016
- Open letter authored by Siegel urges Trump to abide by Constitution - December 13, 2016
- Siegel authors letter from constitutional law scholars to Trump - December 13, 2016
- Blocher: Court packing "should raise real questions in the legal community about what to expect from the court in the future" - December 12, 2016
- Siegel article investigates interaction of Supreme Court and lower courts - December 08, 2016
- Brewster: President has power to threaten high tax on "certain high-profile corporations" that move production out of U.S. - December 06, 2016
- Siegel, Blocher: Voices of reason from both parties should reject "court-hacking" in N.C. - November 21, 2016
- Blocher analyzes Trump's promises to roll back gun restrictions - November 17, 2016
- Siegel says Burr's pledge to stonewall any Clinton Supreme Court nominee takes U.S. down "very dangerous road" - November 02, 2016
- Siegel: Burr's comments on blocking Supreme Court nominee are "without precedent" - November 01, 2016
- Sachs co-organizes "Originalists Against Trump" - October 28, 2016