Environmental Law Newsletter – 2017
Read about the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic’s first 10 years, a new book on regulating after crises, faculty scholarship, and more.
Meet the Duke Law Class of 2020
Two-hundred fourteen JD students are now immersed in their first-year classes.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
News & Galleries tagged with: Criminal Law
- Podcast: Cox discusses high-profile securities fraud retrial - January 11, 2017
- Buell comments on ramifications of potential plea deal in VW emissions fraud case - January 11, 2017
- Coleman: South Carolina church shooter's decision to represent himself could "severely disrupt the trial" - November 29, 2016
- Exonerated clinic client Dudley reflects on freedom and reconciliation during Duke Law Thanksgiving celebration - November 28, 2016
- Felman '87 will receive ABA Criminal Justice Section's Charles R. English Award - November 21, 2016
- Coleman on Kalvin Michael Smith release: "We’re going to keep at it until we exonerate him" - November 10, 2016
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic client Smith released after 20 years - November 10, 2016
- Buell: Supreme Court case demonstrates need for reform of insider trading laws - October 18, 2016
- Griffin comments on Pittenger probe - October 10, 2016
- Buell: Insider trading law is confusing and counterintuitive - October 05, 2016
- Buell: Wells Fargo scandal demands "a fundamental rethinking" of the scale of large U.S. businesses and the legal responsibilities of corporate managers - September 16, 2016
- Series looks at investigations behind Wrongful Convictions Clinic cases - September 06, 2016
- Newman says bad leadership by former DAs necessitated massive review of Durham prosecutions - September 02, 2016
- Lau: 2015 "was a banner year for exposing wrongful convictions" - September 02, 2016
- Coleman on N.C. Supreme Court loss for clinic client Smith: "As soon as we can draft the papers, we’re going to go back into court and raise additional claims" - August 29, 2016
- Lau ’09: Without transparency and accountability, prosecutors’ “conviction integrity units” likely won’t resolve problem of wrongful convictions - August 19, 2016
- Buell discusses "Capital Offenses" and the complexities of prosecuting white-collar crime - August 19, 2016
- Buell: Defining fraud is as tricky as prosecuting it - August 16, 2016
- Coleman: Facts support raising age of adulthood in criminal court to 18 in North Carolina - August 15, 2016
- U.S. District Judge Timothy Corrigan ’81 reflects on criminal sentencing - August 09, 2016
- Felman '87 to receive Charles R. English Award from ABA Criminal Justice Section - August 08, 2016
- Skene '14 named AAAS 2016-17 Judicial Branch Fellow - August 08, 2016
- Fine '11 honored by ABA as one of top 40 young lawyers "on the rise" - August 05, 2016
- New Buell book explains shortcomings in white-collar criminal justice - August 02, 2016
- Marchers protest imprisonment of Wrongful Convictions Clinic clients Dontae Sharpe and Kalvin Michael Smith - August 01, 2016