Duke Center on Law, Race and Politics and Law in Slavery and Freedom Project of the University of Michigan host conference on historical period that set the stage for the Civil Rights movement, Mar. 1-2.
New Duke Law research center focuses on gun rights and regulation
Second Amendment scholars Joseph Blocher and Darrell Miller co-direct the Duke Center for Firearms Law.
Investigating N.C.'s role in CIA renditions
Faculty, students examine state’s ties to apprehension, detention, and transport of terror suspects to be tortured outside the U.S.
Duke’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security considers key cybersecurity, terrorism, and national security challenges, February 22-23.
News & Galleries tagged with: Environmental Law
- Wiener: Interdisciplinary projects have been crucial to engagements with colleagues and students across Duke - January 28, 2019
- Longest comments on failure to develop alternatives to North Carolina's hog waste lagoons - November 27, 2018
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic represents Animal Welfare Institute in lawsuit against USDA over animal-raising labels - November 19, 2018
- Duke Environmental Law Newsletter 2018: Read about environmental justice, adaptive regulation, novel legal questions stemming from drone use in marine science, and more - November 12, 2018
- Inaugural Environmental Justice Symposium highlights inequality in access to water, sanitation - November 07, 2018
- Adler continues to refine social welfare calculations in assessing climate policy - November 07, 2018
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic students support efforts to end childhood lead poisoning - November 07, 2018
- Game of Drones: Students in the Advanced Environmental Law and Policy Clinic take on a novel set of legal questions stemming from the use of drones in marine science and conservation - November 07, 2018
- Nowlin, students analyze issues of equity and resource allocation in farm bill - November 07, 2018
- Wiener: Designing regulations "built to learn" - November 07, 2018
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic project tackles marine pollution through plastic reduction in Durham, at Duke - November 07, 2018
- Longest advocates preservation of nation’s visual character as chair of Scenic America - November 07, 2018
- Longest says Smithfield Farms must do more than just cover hog waste ponds with plastic to contain odor and prevent water pollution - October 30, 2018
- Lauer joins Environmental Law and Policy Clinic as Science and Policy Fellow - October 19, 2018
- Longest on recent N.C. coal ash spills: “The failure on coal ash ponds was bipartisan and long standing.” - October 17, 2018
- Coleman says rebuilding on flood-prone land after storms "makes no sense." - October 08, 2018
- Duke Law faculty comment on environmental threats in the wake of Hurricane Florence - October 05, 2018
- Nowlin: As storms become more frequent, North Carolina's primitive hog waste regulations put the public at risk - September 26, 2018
- Longest discusses the North Carolina Farm Act, the definition of "milk," and the partisan politics of animal agriculture - September 25, 2018
- Longest says Florence's floods highlight the need for new hog waste storage practices in N.C. - September 21, 2018
- Nowlin comments on reports of illegal hog waste disposal in Florence's wake - September 20, 2018
- Nowlin discusses N.C. hog waste standards and their vulnerability to floods and hurricanes - September 19, 2018
- Nowlin discusses environmental impact of flooded factory farms - September 18, 2018
- Nowlin discusses Florence's potential environmental impact - September 17, 2018
- Longest discusses proposed pipeline extension - September 09, 2018