Environmental Law Newsletter – 2017
Read about the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic’s first 10 years, a new book on regulating after crises, faculty scholarship, and more.
Meet the Duke Law Class of 2020
Two-hundred fourteen JD students are now immersed in their first-year classes.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
News & Galleries tagged with: Environmental Law and Policy Clinic
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic comments on proposed international regulations for mining the ocean floor - October 13, 2017
- Susan Akers JD/MEM ’91 - October 13, 2017
- The Environmental Law and Policy Clinic at 10: Blending science and law to pursue environmental justice proves formative for students - October 11, 2017
- Xiao Recio-Blanco LLM ’12, SJD ’15 - October 11, 2017
- Duke Law team contributes to initiative aimed at improving farm bill - October 06, 2017
- Sechley and Nowlin critique N.C. rollback of water quality, coastal protections - October 06, 2017
- Nowlin comments on Tenth Circuit decision implicating climate change effects of fossil-fuel extraction - September 21, 2017
- New certificate helps students get head start on public interest careers - July 12, 2017
- Wiener parses complexities of U.S. climate policy for Paris-based Climate Economics Chair - June 22, 2017
- Nowlin and Longest discuss new N.C. law limiting litigation against corporate farms - June 15, 2017
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic submits comments on seabed mining regulations to International Seabed Authority - June 09, 2017
- New professorship honors Adams ’62, co-founder of NRDC - May 30, 2017
- Longest: Billboard bills would mar NC’s beauty - May 23, 2017
- Longest discusses litigation over pollution from industrial pig farms in N.C. - May 12, 2017
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic Fellow Schwartz '15: Gov. Cooper should veto legislation protecting hog industry instead of people - May 05, 2017
- Longest comments on lawsuits filed by neighbors of N.C.'s corporate hog farms - May 01, 2017
- Longest, Sechley: Don't repeal N.C.'s coastal plastic bag ban - April 28, 2017
- Longest: N.C.'s proposed billboard legislation would be a "historic usurpation of local control" - April 25, 2017
- Longest discusses erosion of environmental protections for N.C. citizens - April 18, 2017
- Arata '13 named Blue Devil of the Week - March 20, 2017
- Longest discusses what election results might mean for N.C. and federal environmental policy - November 16, 2016
- Podcast: Nowlin discusses post-flooding pollution from factory farms in North Carolina - October 28, 2016
- Duke Environmental Law Newsletter: Read about faculty research and teaching, highlights from the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic, and alumni in the field - October 26, 2016
- Longest discusses long-term effects of pollutants at former smelter site - October 24, 2016
- Nowlin: Factory farm flooding in N.C. should serve as wake-up call for regulators - October 17, 2016