Duke Law's Center for Innovation Policy held an inaugural conference to address "New Approaches & Incentives in Drug Development" on Nov. 22, 2013.
The conference's second panel addressed "Working within the Current Regime: Rescue, Repurposing, and Precompetitive Collaborations." Speakers included:
• Arti Rai, Duke Law School
• Christine Colvis, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, NIH
• Charles Niebylski, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, NIH
• Dominique Pahud, Director in Innovation and Networks, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
• Craig Wegner, Executive Director, Translational Sciences, AstraZeneca
• Aled Edwards, University of Toronto, Structural Genomics Consortium
• Pearl Huang, Vice President, Global Head for Discovery Partnerships with Academia, GlaxoSmithKline
• Bernard Munos, Founder, Innothink Center for Research in Biomedical Innovation; Senior Fellow, FasterCures
The conference, held at the National Academy of Sciences building in Washington D.C., was sponsored by Duke Law, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, and One Mind for Research.