Duke Law's Center for Innovation Policy held an inaugural conference to address "New Approaches & Incentives in Drug Development" on Nov. 22, 2013.
The conference's fourth panel covered "Alternative or Additional Incentives for Drug Development." Speakers included:
• David Ridley, Duke Fuqua School of Business
• Aaron Kesselheim, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women's Hospital
• Brian Caveney, Vice President and Medical Director of Healthcare Consulting, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
• Ben Roin, Harvard Law School
• Amy Comstock Rick, Chief Executive Officer, Parkinson's Action Network
• Jerome Reichman, Duke Law School
The conference, held at the National Academy of Sciences building in Washington D.C., was sponsored by Duke Law, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, and One Mind for Research.