Distinguished Chair awards
» Baxter, Blocher, Brewster, Garrett, Jones, Newman, and Wettach honored with distinguished professorships.
Kerry Abrams selected as next dean of Duke Law School
Abrams, vice provost for faculty affairs and professor of law at the University of Virginia, is a leading scholar of immigration and family law.
“It does something to your soul ... when everyone at risk of losing their homes looks like you.”
POLITICO highlights Duke Law’s Jesse McCoy and the Civil Justice Clinic.
A convocation celebration
Family, friends, and faculty join graduates to celebrate the Class of 2018.
D.C. Institute offers introduction to law school
Dean Levi to teach alongside U.S. Senator and former White House advisor
Videos tagged with: Human Rights
- Darius Charney | Lawyering for Racial Justice - April 18, 2018
- Macarena Sáez & Laurence Helfer | New Developments in LGBT Rights within the Inter-American System - March 08, 2018
- Kelli Muddell | Gender and Transitional Justice: Challenges from the Field - February 28, 2018
- Eric Gitari | Human Rights in Practice: Litigating LGBTIQ Rights-The Kenya Experience - October 25, 2017
- Judith Kelley | Human Rights in Practice: Scorecard Diplomacy - September 26, 2017
- ABA Annual Meeting 2017 | GTMO: What Next? - August 10, 2017
- Laurence R. Helfer & Jerome H. Reichman | World Blind Union Guide to the Marrakesh Treaty - April 03, 2017
- What Countering Terrorism Financing Costs Gender Equality & Security - March 22, 2017
- Steven M. Watt | Law & Legal Challenges in Addressing Psychologists in the CIA Torture Program - March 01, 2016
- Moritz Baumgärtel | Europe's Refugee Crisis & the Rights of Migrants - February 29, 2016
- Klara Skrivankova | The European Refugee Crisis & Human Trafficking - December 01, 2015
- Rebecca Hauser | A Survivor Remembers - November 12, 2015
- Robert R. Wilson Lecture | Thavolia Glymph, Under the Shield of the Law of Nations - October 28, 2015
- Lt. Col. David J.R. Frakt | A Tale of Two Detainees - March 30, 2015
- LENS Conference 2015 | Human Rights in the Age of Forever War - February 27, 2015
- Laurence R. Helfer | Progress and Contestation in Combating Discrimination - February 16, 2015
- Juan Méndez | Commissioning Truths: The Field of Transitional Justice 30 Years after Nunca Más - September 19, 2014
- Karen J. Alter | The New Terrain of International Law - April 15, 2014
- Jeremy Heimans | Unlocking People Power: Human Rights and Movement-Building in the 21st Century - April 07, 2014
- A Devil's Bargain: War Crimes Accountability & the War on Terror - March 24, 2009
- Jumana Musa | Guantanamo & the War on Terror - February 17, 2006
- Anne Gallagher | Peacekeepers to Slave Traders: A Lawyer's Journey to the United Nations and Beyond
- Laurence Helfer & Graeme Austin | Human Rights & Intellectual Property: Mapping the Global Interface
- The Tribunal: A Discussion with Judge Patrick Robinson
- Should the U.S. Bomb Syria?