- John Philip Reid Book Award, American Society of Legal History
Annual prize to the best book in English in the broad field of Anglo-American legal history
- Littleton-Griswold Prize in American Law and Society, American Historical Association
Annual prize of $1000 to the best historical monograph in American Law and Society
- J. Willard Hurst Book Prize, Law and Society Association
Annual $500 prize to the best book in socio-legal history.
- Cromwell Book Prize, American Society of Legal History
Annual prize of $5000 “for excellence in scholarship in the field of American Legal History by a junior scholar.” Graduate students, law students, and untenured junior faculty are eligible. Separate awards of $2500 are also given for excellence in articles and dissertations, with preference given to the colonial and early national periods. (See Cromwell Article Prize and Cromwell Dissertation Prize) Articles published in Law and History Review are not eligible for the Cromwell Article Prize.
- Surrency Prize, American Society of Legal History
Annual award for the best article in Law and History Review.
- Sutherland Prize, American Society of Legal History
Annual award for the best article in English legal history.
- Dissertation Prize, Law and Society Association
Annual award to the best dissertation in law and society. Cash award of $500.
- Student Paper Prizes, Law and Society Association
Annual awards, one to an undergraduate and one to a graduate student, for an interdisciplinary research paper addressing some aspect of law and society. Cash award of $500.
- Honors, Awards & Fellowships, American Society for Legal History
List of links to all active honors, awards, and research fellowships offered by ASLH, as well as a list of past winners by year.