Bradley lays groundwork for new scholarly field
Helfer, Young among 50 scholars contributing to The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Foreign Relations Law
Free at Last
Wrongful Convictions Clinic secures release of Charles Ray Finch after 43 years of incarceration
Nationally recognized clinician and immigration advocate Kate Evans to lead Duke Law School's new Immigrant Rights Clinic
Environmental Law and Policy Clinic
"I can't overstate the importance of true experience when interviewing for a prospective position. Now, as an interviewer, I can tell the difference between applicants who don’t have practical experience and those who do… I gained that insight by working in the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic, which in turn allowed me to speak with my interviewers as peers and assure them I would be able to handle the rigors of litigation."
— Patrick Duggan JD/MA '10, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division
"Ryke and Michelle are two of the top legal minds, especially when it comes to food and agriculture law policy. With them at the helm, the clinic is helping push through real changes in our food system."
— Mae Wu '01, NRDC
"Coming into the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic without ever taking a class in environmental law, I worried that I might be a bit lost. However, because environmental law is so interdisciplinary, I was able to apply my existing skills from other areas of the law in a new and exciting context in my work for the Clinic."
— Michael Munoz '17
In the News
- Longest: Atlantic Coast Pipeline poses environmental risk, offers no benefit to taxpayers
- Nowlin applauds proposed shopping bag fee as an effective way to change consumer behavior
- Roady, Nowlin, Arata co-author, file scholars’ amicus brief with Supreme Court in Hawaii Clean Water Act case
- Longest, chair of Scenic America, opposes N.C. bill that would allow for taller - and possibly more distracting - billboards
- Visiting faculty bring expertise in corporate, environmental, criminal, and immigration law