Duke Center on Law, Race and Politics and Law in Slavery and Freedom Project of the University of Michigan host conference on historical period that set the stage for the Civil Rights movement, Mar. 1-2.
Investigating N.C.'s role in CIA renditions
Faculty, students examine state’s ties to apprehension, detention, and transport of terror suspects to be tortured outside the U.S.
Duke’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security considers key cybersecurity, terrorism, and national security challenges, February 22-23.
New Duke Law research center focuses on gun rights and regulation
Second Amendment scholars Joseph Blocher and Darrell Miller co-direct the Duke Center for Firearms Law.
Environmental Law and Policy Clinic
"I can't overstate the importance of true experience when interviewing for a prospective position. Now, as an interviewer, I can tell the difference between applicants who don’t have practical experience and those who do… I gained that insight by working in the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic, which in turn allowed me to speak with my interviewers as peers and assure them I would be able to handle the rigors of litigation."
— Patrick Duggan JD/MA '10, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division
"Ryke and Michelle are two of the top legal minds, especially when it comes to food and agriculture law policy. With them at the helm, the clinic is helping push through real changes in our food system."
— Mae Wu '01, NRDC
"Coming into the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic without ever taking a class in environmental law, I worried that I might be a bit lost. However, because environmental law is so interdisciplinary, I was able to apply my existing skills from other areas of the law in a new and exciting context in my work for the Clinic."
— Michael Munoz '17
In the News
- Longest comments on failure to develop alternatives to North Carolina's hog waste lagoons
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic represents Animal Welfare Institute in lawsuit against USDA over animal-raising labels
- Duke Environmental Law Newsletter 2018: Read about environmental justice, adaptive regulation, novel legal questions stemming from drone use in marine science, and more
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic students support efforts to end childhood lead poisoning
- Inaugural Environmental Justice Symposium highlights inequality in access to water, sanitation