Gift to fund new Immigration Clinic
» Students will develop skills and deepen knowledge working with clients seeking asylum or facing deportation.
Environmental Law Newsletter
Read about environmental justice, adaptive regulation, novel legal questions stemming from drone use in marine science, and more.
Environmental Law and Policy Clinic
"I can't overstate the importance of true experience when interviewing for a prospective position. Now, as an interviewer, I can tell the difference between applicants who don’t have practical experience and those who do… I gained that insight by working in the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic, which in turn allowed me to speak with my interviewers as peers and assure them I would be able to handle the rigors of litigation."
— Patrick Duggan JD/MA '10, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division
"Ryke and Michelle are two of the top legal minds, especially when it comes to food and agriculture law policy. With them at the helm, the clinic is helping push through real changes in our food system."
— Mae Wu '01, NRDC
"Coming into the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic without ever taking a class in environmental law, I worried that I might be a bit lost. However, because environmental law is so interdisciplinary, I was able to apply my existing skills from other areas of the law in a new and exciting context in my work for the Clinic."
— Michael Munoz '17
In the News
- Duke Environmental Law Newsletter 2018: Read about environmental justice, adaptive regulation, novel legal questions stemming from drone use in marine science, and more
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic students support efforts to end childhood lead poisoning
- Inaugural Environmental Justice Symposium highlights inequality in access to water, sanitation
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic project tackles marine pollution through plastic reduction in Durham, at Duke
- Longest advocates preservation of nation’s visual character as chair of Scenic America