Read about the Law School’s 15th dean, an innovative scholar and teacher and a decisive leader who listens, in Duke Law Magazine.
Duke Law welcomes LLM class of 2019
Students from 35 countries will learn about the U.S. legal system and specialized areas of law.
Meet the JD class of 2021
First-year students talk about the diverse paths that led them to Duke Law School.
Environmental Law and Policy Clinic
"I can't overstate the importance of true experience when interviewing for a prospective position. Now, as an interviewer, I can tell the difference between applicants who don’t have practical experience and those who do… I gained that insight by working in the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic, which in turn allowed me to speak with my interviewers as peers and assure them I would be able to handle the rigors of litigation."
— Patrick Duggan JD/MA '10, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division
"Ryke and Michelle are two of the top legal minds, especially when it comes to food and agriculture law policy. With them at the helm, the clinic is helping push through real changes in our food system."
— Mae Wu '01, NRDC
"Coming into the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic without ever taking a class in environmental law, I worried that I might be a bit lost. However, because environmental law is so interdisciplinary, I was able to apply my existing skills from other areas of the law in a new and exciting context in my work for the Clinic."
— Michael Munoz '17
In the News
- Longest says Florence's floods highlight the need for new hog waste storage practices in N.C.
- Nowlin comments on reports of illegal hog waste disposal in Florence's wake
- Nowlin discusses N.C. hog waste standards and their vulnerability to floods and hurricanes
- Nowlin discusses environmental impact of flooded factory farms
- Nowlin discusses Florence's potential environmental impact