Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Duke Law Magazine
Two IP scholars present the history of music as an epic battle between creativity and control.
Environmental Law and Policy Clinic
"I can't overstate the importance of true experience when interviewing for a prospective position. Now, as an interviewer, I can tell the difference between applicants who don’t have practical experience and those who do… I gained that insight by working in the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic, which in turn allowed me to speak with my interviewers as peers and assure them I would be able to handle the rigors of litigation."
— Patrick Duggan JD/MA '10, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division
"Ryke and Michelle are two of the top legal minds, especially when it comes to food and agriculture law policy. With them at the helm, the clinic is helping push through real changes in our food system."
— Mae Wu '01, NRDC
"Coming into the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic without ever taking a class in environmental law, I worried that I might be a bit lost. However, because environmental law is so interdisciplinary, I was able to apply my existing skills from other areas of the law in a new and exciting context in my work for the Clinic."
— Michael Munoz '17
In the News
- New certificate helps students get head start on public interest careers
- Wiener parses complexities of U.S. climate policy for Paris-based Climate Economics Chair
- Nowlin and Longest discuss new N.C. law limiting litigation against corporate farms
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic submits comments on seabed mining regulations to International Seabed Authority
- New professorship honors Adams ’62, co-founder of NRDC