Virtual On Campus Interviews Segment I
Thank you for your interest in Duke Law School! We hope you will join us for Virtual OCI Segment I on August 3-6, 2021. To speak with our recruiting team, please contact Erin Biggerstaff or Susan Anderson.
Please review our Recruiting Policies & Guidelines before registering for Duke Law Virtual On Campus Interviews (OCI). By registering for OCI, employers recruiting at Duke Law are agreeing to adhere to these policies.
Employers recruiting at Duke Law should review Duke University's full Non-Discrimination Policy and check the section in your OCI Schedule Request labeled "Duke University School of Law Non-Discriminatory Policy" to affirm your organization's compliance.
Duke Law School does not release class rank. Duke Law School uses a slightly modified form of the familiar 4.0 scale. The modification permits faculty to recognize especially distinguished performances with grades above a 4.0. The highest grade given is 4.3. A grade of 1.5 or lower is failing. The median grade for all first- year and upper level courses of 40 or more students is 3.3. For more information, please review our full Grading Policy.
Important Dates for Virtual OCI Segment I
|Registration opens:||March 19, 2021, 12PM ET|
|Notification of assigned OCI date:||Rolling basis beginning April 16, 2021|
|Recommended registration deadline:||May 14, 2021, 12PM ET|
|List of participating employers available to students:||May 17, 2021|
|Final registration deadline (email to inquire about registration after this date):||July 6, 2021, 12PM ET|
|OCI student bidding:||July 9-16, 2021|
|OCI schedules available to employers:||July 28, 2021, by 5PM ET|
|Virtual OCI interview dates:||August 3-6, 2021|
|Upper-Level classes begin:||TBD – late August 2021|
How to Register
To register for for Virtual OCI Segment I interview schedules, please visit the OCI tab in Symplicity to submit a schedule request under the OCI tab. To register for a Virtual Hospitality Suite, please email Erin Biggerstaff.
Virtual OCI Segment I interviews are assigned via lottery. Interviews will be conducted virtually via Flo Recruit. You can learn more about Flo Recruit in the Flo Recruit Virtual Interviews Guide.
To learn more about Virtual Hospitality Suite options and logistics, please email Erin Biggerstaff.
Additional program logistics will be available in mid-April 2021.
Policies and Fees for Virtual OCI Segment I
Interview Date Assignments
Interview date assignments for Virtual OCI Segment I will cycle each year. For example, employers assigned to the first or second available interview day in January 2021 will be assigned to the third or fourth interview day in August 2021. While we cannot guarantee employer interview date preferences for Virtual OCI Segment I, we will do our best to accommodate your date and scheduling preferences when possible. If you have special scheduling needs (such as interview time slots better suited to your time zone or a preference to split your interviews over more than one day), please include those in your schedule notes when registering, or email Erin Biggerstaff.
- 1 to 99 attorney organizations; government; public interest: no charge
- 100 or more attorney (private sector) organizations: $500 per virtual room
Virtual Hospitality Suite Fees
$500 per employer. Limited space is available each day during Virtual OCI Segment I for virtual employer hospitality suites. For more information and to reserve a hospitality suite, please contact Erin Biggerstaff. Hospitality suite registration is not viewable in Symplicity.
Please review our cancellation policy below in advance of submitting your OCI schedule / hospitality suite request. Invoices will be sent to the contact listed on the OCI schedule via email starting in mid-April 2021. Fees are due two weeks from the receipt of your invoice.
Please make your check payable to Duke University School of Law and mail it to:
210 Science Drive, Box 90367
Durham, NC 27708-0367
Questions about invoicing and payment can be directed to Susan Anderson.
Virtual OCI Segment I Cancellation Policy
- Schedule and hospitality suite fees for early cancellations (made prior to 12pm ET, May 14, 2021) are eligible for a full refund or full waiver of outstanding invoice.
- Schedule and hospitality suite fees for late cancellations (made prior to 12pm ET, July 6, 2021) are eligible for a half refund or 50% waiver to outstanding invoice.
- Schedule and hospitality suite fees for cancellations made after 12pm ET, July 7, 2021 are not refundable. Outstanding invoice fees will not be waived after this date.
Cover Letters and Transcripts
Due to the volume of employers participating in Virtual OCI Segment I, we cannot accommodate employer requests for cover letters as part of the bidding process. Employers may not request cover letters or statements of interest from students during the Virtual OCI Segment I process. For this year, we will allow employers to request unofficial transcripts and/or writing samples as part of Virtual OCI Segment I bidding.
Additional 2021 Recruitment Programs:
- Duke Law Resume Collects: Offices unable to participate in Virtual OCI may collect application materials via five Resume Collect sessions in Symplicity. Employers may choose from the following sessions (each indicates the deadline application date for students, and the date employers receive application materials): June 17, June 17 [IP Only], July 1, July 15, and July 29. Learn more here.
- Government & Public Interest OCI (GPI OCI): Learn more here.
- Virtual OCI Segment II: Employers preferring later interview dates may register for Virtual OCI Segment II. Segment II interviews may be scheduled between August 25-September 30, 2021. Learn more here.
- “Jobs Postings” tab in Symplicity: Employers preferring later application deadlines for upper level postings (August or later) may post positions under the “Jobs Postings / Resume Collect” tab in Symplicity instead of as a formal Resume Collect under the OCI tab. Learn more here.