New Duke Law research center focuses on gun rights and regulation
Second Amendment scholars Joseph Blocher and Darrell Miller co-direct the Duke Center for Firearms Law.
Duke’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security considers key cybersecurity, terrorism, and national security challenges, February 22-23.
Duke Center on Law, Race and Politics and Law in Slavery and Freedom Project of the University of Michigan host conference on historical period that set the stage for the Civil Rights movement, March 1-2.
Center for International & Comparative Law
Launched in 2006, Duke Law School’s Center for International and Comparative Law (CICL) coordinates and supports the School’s programs, resources, and events in the areas of international law, comparative law, and U.S. foreign relations law.
- Bradley, co-author parse president’s authority to unilaterally terminate North Atlantic Treaty, implications of congressional action supporting NATO membership Lawfare
- Chaim Saiman | Halakhah: The Rabbinic Idea of Law
- Bradley and colleagues call for congressional review of process used to make international agreements to improve oversight and accountability Lawfare
- Watch Helfer lecture at McGill, Jan. 10, 2:30 ET: “Institutional Change and the International Labour Organization in a Moment of Populism” McGill University
- Bradley: President’s broad legal authority over foreign affairs allows him to intercede in extradition to U.S. of Chinese exec detained in Canada New York Times
- Bradley, coauthors say Article II treaty process appears nearly dead, call for examination of less transparent process replacing it Lawfare
- Advocate General of EU Court of Justice cites Bradley and Helfer in opinion on withdrawal of Brexit notification (note 37) CURIA
- Bradley: President’s threat of NAFTA pullout backed by longstanding practice of unilateral presidential withdrawal from treaties Financial Post
- Bradley questions legal rationale behind novel lawsuit against Jordan for Green Beret deaths AL-Monitor
- Torture Flights: North Carolina's Role in the CIA's Rendition and Torture Program