Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I order a tam or a mortarboard?
All Duke Law students, including JDs, LLMs, LLM-LEs, and students earning the doctorate of juridical studies order a tam.
- Do I have to buy my regalia?
All students, including JD, International LLM, and LLM-LE, or students earning the doctorate of juridical studies may either rent or purchase their regalia. The rental fee is $70, plus tax, which includes the gown, tam, tassel, and hood. To rent regalia, complete the order form found here by Monday, April 12, 2021. If you wish to purchase your hood or the entire ensemble, please contact Patti Silver in the Duke University Store at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 12, 2021. (Please note that you MUST return any rental apparel. Rental apparel cannot be purchased. If you wish to purchase any part of your regalia, it will be a new item, not previously rented).
- I registered for regalia, but I did not get a confirmation. How do I know I actually registered?
The regalia site provides a confirmation that you registered. If you are unsure, please contact the University Bookstore at (919) 684-6793.
- How do I order announcements?
Jostens is the provider of Duke University’s official commencement announcements. Visit jostens.com/duke to order personalized announcement packages.
- Who should I contact for questions about disability accommodations?
Information about disability accommodations can be found on the Duke University Commencement website. For questions regarding Law School graduation-related events, please contact the Office of Student Affairs by emailing email@example.com or calling (919) 613-7007.
- Other questions? Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org