Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
News & Events for Faculty
Suggest a Tech Tip
Today's Tech Tip
Richard A. Danner, the Archibald C. and Frances Fulk Rufty Research Professor of Law, is considered one of the preeminent law librarians in the country and a giant in the field of law librarianship. He will retire after more than 35 years at Duke Law School.
Duke Law News
- Vidmar honored by Law and Society Association for body of empirical scholarship
- Scholar of criminal law, procedure, and criminology joins governing faculty
- MJS candidate Hon. Bernice Donald receives ABA's 2017 Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award American Bar Association
- Community Enterprise Clinic client launching sex ed app for teens News & Observer
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic submits comments on seabed mining regulations to International Seabed Authority
Faculty in the News
- Dunlap: Supreme Court ruling in detainee case shares "key issue" with travel ban litigation Bloomberg Law
- Havighurst analyzes "the missing key to 'market-based' health reform" RealClear Policy
- Blocher: Supreme Court "doesn’t have an appetite for a Second Amendment case right now" The Trace
- Buell discusses team assembled by special counsel for Russia probe L.A. Times
- Dellinger discusses 2016-17 term at "Supreme Court Breakfast Table" Slate
- Richard A. Danner
James DeWitt Andrews: Classifying the Law in the Early Twentieth Century (2017)
- Barak D. Richman
Changing the Tax Code to Create Consumer-Driven Health Insurance Competition (April 10, 2017) (with Regina E. Herzlinger)
- Elisabeth D. de Fontenay
Market Information and the Elite Law Firm (April 04, 2017)
- Mitu Gulati
Variation in Boilerplate: Rational Design or Random Mutation? (March 21, 2017) (with others)
- Mitu Gulati
Puerto Rico and the Netherworld of Sovereign Debt Restructuring (March 16, 2017) (with Robert K. Rasmussen)
- Professor Schwarcz has been appointed as Distinguished Fellow of the Centre for Financial Regulation and Economic Development of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. (July 29, 2016) » Read Schwarcz's working paper
- Professor Steven Schwarcz will be the keynote speaker at the Stakeholder Symposium, The Untold Stories of the Financial Crisis: The Challenge of Credit Availability. The symposium is hosted by the University of Durham, funded by the UK’s Economic and Social Research Council, and co-sponsored by Newcastle University. (September 26, 2016) » More
- Professor Steven Schwarcz was awarded the University of Edinburgh Law School's MacCormick Fellowship. (February 06, 2017) » More