The Goodson Law Library welcomes our new international LL.M. students! The materials on this page will help orient you to the library and its services. Check this page again in early August for links to sign up for a tour of the library during the first week of classes.
- Where to Begin: Quick guide to library services and collections.
- Law Library Orientation Session and Tour: On Friday, August 24 at 11:00 a.m., following the Distinctive Aspects class, librarians will provide "An Introduction to the Goodson Law Library" and a 20- to 30-minute tour. (LLM students who attended the Summer Institute on Law, Language & Culture in July do not need to attend this session, although you are welcome if you would like to tour again.)
- Blueprint Behaviors in the Goodson Law Library: Important notes about standards and policies in the library, including use of carrels, quiet study zones, and security.
- Introduction to the US Legal System: Research guide to materials in the Goodson Law Library that explain the American legal system. There is a section of books written especially for international students.
- Law School Success: Want an edge in the competitive game of managing course loads and taking exams? Check out our recommended books on the law school experience, studying and exam preparation.
- Legal Research Database Information: Passwords to LexisNexis, Westlaw and Bloomberg Law will be distributed to international LLMs during LEAD week orientation or at the library's Reference Services desk.