Professor Ralf Michaels participated in two book-launch events in Paris and London, organized by the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris and the London Court of International Arbitration, respectively. The book presented, Commentary on the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts (2004), was published by Oxford University Press and is an article-by-article commentary on the UNIDROIT Principles, an unofficial codification of contract rules compiled under the auspices of the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law. The Commentary is the most comprehensive work dedicated to them so far. Prof. Michaels's contribution to the book treats the applicability of the Principles in courts, as well as their model role for national and international lawmaking. His article on the same topic will appear in the October Issue of Rabels Zeitschrift für ausländisches und internationales Privatrecht.
Book-launch events in Europe
- Between the Public and Private Sectors: Contemporary State-Owned Enterprises Roundtable
- Brewster: Proposed trade partnership could be mixed blessing for North Carolina Triangle Business Journal
- Identifying and Managing Trauma, Loss, and Resilience
- The European Refugee Crisis and Human Trafficking
- Unaccompanied Minors from Central America and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status