1. Hometown, college, law school: Hometown: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa; College: University of Natal (now KwaZulu-Natal), South Africa,
Clare College, Cambridge, England; Law Schools: University of Natal, Cambridge University.
2. During my free time, I love to: Spend time with the family and take photos; ruin them later with my attempts to edit on the computer; travel.
3. Pick one: top three favorite musicians/bands; favorite non-law read; one TV show I never miss: Top 3 musicians: Tom Waits, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen; Favorite read: Anything by Cormac McCarthy; Favorite TV show: The Office
4. Favorite law school memory: Being taught Judicial Review of Administrative Action at a time when the English judiciary was awakening to abuses of power by public authorities. Each day my professor would come flying into class, his gown swirling behind him and paper clippings falling out of his hands, to announce breathlessly the latest developments in the courts in London and the astonishment of a government unused to being challenged at the bar.
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: Blu Seafood & Bar