New Duke Law research center focuses on gun rights and regulation
Second Amendment scholars Joseph Blocher and Darrell Miller co-direct the Duke Center for Firearms Law.
Duke Center on Law, Race and Politics and Law in Slavery and Freedom Project of the University of Michigan host conference on historical period that set the stage for the Civil Rights movement, Mar. 1-2.
Investigating N.C.'s role in CIA renditions
Faculty, students examine state’s ties to apprehension, detention, and transport of terror suspects to be tortured outside the U.S.
Duke’s Center on Law, Ethics and National Security considers key cybersecurity, terrorism, and national security challenges, February 22-23.
On September 16, 2011, Carolyn McAllaster and Allison Rice conducted an Ethics Continuing Legal Education Workshop
- McAllaster: Expanding Medicaid in Southern states is key to success of plan to eradicate HIV Los Angeles Times
- Richman predicts legal challenges will follow any new legislation on surprise medical bills Kaiser Health News/NPR
- McAllaster: President's HIV plan must focus on access to care and avoid stigmatizing marginalized groups The New York Times
- Richman: HCA's purchase of Mission Health could shift patients back to hospitals rather than less costly outpatient, preventive care settings Modern Healthcare
- Rai part of Duke-Margolis group calling for caution before implementing AI-enabled health care diagnostic tools Politico