Dates & Deadlines
Spring 2018 Registration
- Spring 2018 Registration:
- Bookbags open at 12:00 AM on Friday, October 27, 2017.
- Registration windows open at 8:00 AM and close at 7:59 AM the following day.
- Tuesday, October 31: 3Ls register for up to 9 credits;
- Wednesday, November 1: International LLMs and LLM-LEs (one-year program) register for up to 9 credits;
- Thursday, November 2: 2Ls register for up to 9 credits;
- Friday, November 3: 3Ls register for up to 16 credits;
- Monday, November 6: International LLMs and LLM-LEs (one-year program) register for up to 16 credits;
- Tuesday, November 7: 2Ls register for up to 16 credits.
- Wednesday, November 8 at 8:00 AM, drop/add begins. Drop/add ends at 11:59PM on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
Wintersession 2018 Registration
Bookbags open Friday, Sept. 22 at 12:00 AM.
(Please note that bookbags will not be available from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Sept. 23 due to a system update.)
Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 8:00 AM to Weds. Sept. 27 at 7:59 AM, 3L JDs and SJDs register for up to 1 credit.
Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 8:00 AM to Thurs., Sept. 28 at 7:59 AM, International LLMs and One-Year LLM-LEs register for up to 1 credit.
Thursday, Sept. 28 at 8:00 AM to Friday, Sept. 29 at 7:59 AM, 2L JDs and dual degree 1L JDs register for up to 1 credit.
Friday, Sept. 29 at 8:00 AM to Monday, Dec. 4 at 11:59 PM, 1L JDs (non-dual degree) register for Law 844 ONLY.
Saturday, Sept. 30 at 12:00 AM to Monday, December 4 at 11:59 PM, drop/add for Wintersession (for all students other than 1L JDs non-dual degree).
How to Register in DukeHub
Beyond the Classroom
Class Selection Tools
New & Notable CoursesNote: Law 601, 677 and 679: After Spring 2018, Duke in DC will only be offered in fall semester.
- LAW 235 Environmental Law
- LAW 309 Children and the Law
- LAW 348 East Asian Law: Business & Finance Focus
- LAW 371 Products Liability
- LAW 390 Structuring and Regulating Financial Transactions *2 credits*
- LAW 405 Appellate Practice
- LAW 504 Critical Race Theory
- LAW 536 The Presidency and Criminal Investigations
- LAW 536W The Presidency and Criminal Investigations, Writing Credit
- LAW 546 International Law of Armed Conflict *3 credits*
- LAW 564 Combatants & Civilians: The History of Status in the Law of War From Medieval Europe to Guantanamo Bay
- LAW 567 Law, Identity and Politics Colloquium
- LAW 568 Colloquium: Judicial Process
- LAW 570 Criminology and Criminal Procedure
- LAW 577 Emerging Issues in Sports Law *revised description coming soon
- LAW 588 Investigating and Prosecuting National Security Cases
- LAW 611.12 Readings: Comparative Law Methodology
- LAW 611.13 Readings: Leadership in Law & Politics
- LAW 611.14 Readings in Social Justice: Mass Incarceration
- LAW 611.15 Readings: What Really Happened? The Global Financial Crisis in Retrospect
- LAW 718 Social Choice Theory: Cost-Benefit Analysis and Beyond
- LAW 782 Deal Skills II: Negotiating and Documenting Joint Venture Arrangements
- LAW 794 Law in Slavery & Freedom: The Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments
Classes Outside Duke Law