Dates & Deadlines
Spring 2017 Registration
- Bookbags open at 12:00 AM on Friday, October 28, 2016.
- Tuesday, November 1: 3Ls register for up to 9 credits;
- Wednesday, November 2: International LLMs and LLM-LEs (one year program) register for up to 9 credits;
- Thursday, November 3: 2Ls register for up to 9 credits;
- Friday, November 4: 3Ls register for up to 16 credits;
- Monday, November 7: International LLMs and LLM-LEs (one year program) register for up to 16 credits;
- Tuesday, November 8: 2Ls register for up to 16 credits.
- Wednesday, November 9, drop/add begins. Drop/add ends at 11:59PM on January 18, 2017.
NOTE: Registration windows open at 8:00 AM and close at 7:59 AM the following day.
Wintersession 2017 Registration
Bookbags (Pre-registration) open at 12:00 a.m. on September 30 and close at 11:59 p.m. on December 5.
Tuesday October 4: 3L JDs and SJDs register for up to 1 credit;
Wednesday, October 5: Int’l LLMs and LLM-LEs (one year program) register for up to 1 credit;
Thursday, October 6: 2L JDs and dual degree 1L JDs register for up to 1 credit;
Friday, October 7: Drop/add begins. Also, 1L JD (non-dual degree) register for up to .50 credit in Law 844.
Drop/add ends on December 5, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: Registration windows open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 7:59 a.m. on the following day.
Beyond the Classroom
Class Selection Tools
- Fall 2016 Professional Skills
- Fall 2016 Upper-Level Writing
- Prerequisite Information
- Course Browser
- Course Evaluations (login required)
- Course Selection Advice featuring...
- Clinical advice on YouTube
- Faculty Areas of Expertise
- Duke Law Bulletin
New & Notable Courses
- 376.01, History of International Law, Madeline Morris
- 511.01, International Criminal Law, Madeline Morris
- 518.01, Constitutional Law II: Historical Cases & Contemporary Controversies, H. Jefferson Powell
- 522.01, Contract Drafting: The Next Generation, Erika J.S. Buell
- 529.01, Corporate Governance, Ofer Eldar
- 546.01, International Law of Armed Conflict, Charles J. Dunlap, Jr.
- 572.01, International Forum Shopping: Theory and Practice, Rachel Brewster, Laurence R. Helfer
- 574.01, Lying and the Law of Questioning, Lisa Kern Griffin
- 574W.01, Lying and The Law of Questioning, Writing Credit, Lisa Kern Griffin
- 592.01, Frontier Robotics: Law & Ethics, Jeff Ward
- 594.01, Sex Equality's Past and Future, Neil S. Siegel
- 598.01, Family Creation: A Non-Judicial Perspective, Kathryn Webb Bradley
- 611.10, Readings in Advertising and Contracts, John C. Weistart
- 645.01, Second Amendment Research Tutorial, Joseph Blocher, Darrell A. H. Miller
- 735.01, Advanced Criminal Law, Benjamin Ewing
- 738.01, Financial Law and Regulation: Practitioner's Perspective, Lee Reiners
- 739.01, Religious Laws, Ralf Michaels
Classes Outside Duke Law