Dates & Deadlines
Spring 2018 Registration
- Spring 2018 Registration:
- Bookbags open at 12:00 AM on Friday, October 27, 2017.
- Registration windows open at 8:00 AM and close at 7:59 AM the following day.
- Tuesday, October 31: 3Ls register for up to 9 credits;
- Wednesday, November 1: International LLMs and LLM-LEs (one-year program) register for up to 9 credits;
- Thursday, November 2: 2Ls register for up to 9 credits;
- Friday, November 3: 3Ls register for up to 16 credits;
- Monday, November 6: International LLMs and LLM-LEs (one-year program) register for up to 16 credits;
- Tuesday, November 7: 2Ls register for up to 16 credits.
- Wednesday, November 8 at 8:00 AM, drop/add begins. Drop/add ends at 11:59PM on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
Wintersession 2018 Registration
Bookbags open Friday, Sept. 22 at 12:00 AM.
(Please note that bookbags will not be available from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Sept. 23 due to a system update.)
Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 8:00 AM to Weds. Sept. 27 at 7:59 AM, 3L JDs and SJDs register for up to 1 credit.
Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 8:00 AM to Thurs., Sept. 28 at 7:59 AM, International LLMs and One-Year LLM-LEs register for up to 1 credit.
Thursday, Sept. 28 at 8:00 AM to Friday, Sept. 29 at 7:59 AM, 2L JDs and dual degree 1L JDs register for up to 1 credit.
Friday, Sept. 29 at 8:00 AM to Monday, Dec. 4 at 11:59 PM, 1L JDs (non-dual degree) register for Law 844 ONLY.
Saturday, Sept. 30 at 12:00 AM to Monday, December 4 at 11:59 PM, drop/add for Wintersession (for all students other than 1L JDs non-dual degree).
How to Register in DukeHub
Beyond the Classroom
Class Selection Tools
New & Notable Courses
- LAW 242 Social Justice Lawyering, Brenda Berlin / Anne Gordon
- LAW 242W Social Justice Lawyering, Writing Credit, Brenda Berlin / Anne Gordon
- LAW 270 Intellectual Property, James Boyle FALL ONLY
- LAW 347S Healthcare Law and Policy, Course Plus, Barak Richman / Michael Frakes
- LAW 351 Survey of Immigration Law & Policy, Jason Patil
- LAW 375 International Intellectual Property, Jerome Reichman
- LAW 425 Pre-Trial Litigation: Criminal Law, Jamie Lau
- LAW 475A Law & Policy Lab: Blockchain, Jeff Ward / Aaron Wright (Cardozo)
- LAW 514 Research Methods in Administrative Law, Jane Bahnson / Wickliffe Shreve
- LAW 534 Advising the Entrepreneurial Client, Erika Buell FALL ONLY
- LAW 535 Comparative Corporate Law, OK-Rial Song (Ken Yun Visitor)
- LAW 566A The Corporation and International Law: Past, Present, and Future, Rachel Brewster / Phil Stern
- LAW 591 Development Finance, Manuel Sager
- LAW 611 Readings: Transgender Issues, Carolyn McAllaster
- LAW 618 Readings: Introduction to Health Law & Policy, HEALTH LAW FACULTY
- LAW 719 The Rule of Law: Theory & Doctrine, Matt Adler / Joseph Blocher
- LAW 737 Environmental Litigation, Stephen Roady
- LAW 771 Dignitary Torts, Jeff Powell
- LAW 775 Corporate Ethics, Scott Merrell
Classes Outside Duke Law