The Star Commons area is a gathering place for members of the Duke Law School community as well as the main dining area for Café De Novo. The Star Commons may be reserved by law-school sponsored groups only on a limited basis with the following restrictions:
- Event MUST be approved by the Events Office
- Event MUST be open to everyone in the Duke Law Community
- Event MUST be scheduled after the Café’s operating hours (3 p.m. or later start time for event)
- Event MUST only use the Law School's in-house caterer, Cafe De Novo. Catering menu found here: http://tinyurl.com/mg6h2da.
- Event MUST schedule housekeeping services through Event Manager Questionnaire if furniture relocation is requested
- Event MUST have a Duke security officer hired by the event host when serving alcohol and/or if the event is taking place after the normal operating hours of the Law School (Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm)
- Event MUST NOT require removal of the existing furniture without pre-approval from Events Office
Exceptions will be made for Law School functions such as Leadership Weekend, Admitted Students Weekend and Reunion Weekend only.
If you have questions regarding the Star Commons usage policy, please contact the Events Office at 919-613-8548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.